Thread: Unable to detect SIM card in Sony Ericsson xperia play

Unable to detect SIM card in Sony Ericsson xperia play

I have purchased the Sony Ericsson xperia play and I am using it from last 5 tom 6 months. Before some days I have update the software of my Sony Ericsson xperia play. After updating the software I noticed that my Sony Ericsson xperia play is not showing the network connection even when the SIM card is already inserted in it. I don’t know what is wrong with this device please tell me what should I do to solve this issue. Please give me solution to solve this issue.

re: Unable to detect SIM card in Sony Ericsson xperia play

I have read yor problem and after reading that in suggest you to do following steps with your Sony Ericsson xperia play. First remove the SIM card. After that restart your Sony Ericsson xperia play now remove the SD card also. After that insert your SIM card and restart the mobile. If it is not detecting the SIM card then after insert your SD card again. If your mobile is detecting the SD card perfectly but not detecting the SIM card then I think there is something wrong with your SIM card.

After reading your problem first thing I want to know is from where you bought this mobile? Have you bought this mobile phone from the service provider which you are using right now? Is this phone was locked before you have updated it? What kind of message you are getting at the time of inserting the SIM card? Have you tried different SIM card with your mobile? First let me know about this question. So according to that I will provide you solution to solve your problem.

I have read your problem and after analyzing your issue. I suggest you to reset your phone setting and then try to insert the SIM card. But make sure that before resetting the mobile setting you take all the required back up from your mobile phone. After that if you are facing the same problem with your mobile then I think there is something wrong with your SIM card. If possible then check your mobile phone by inserting the different SIM card. I hope this trick will help you to solve this problem.

I was also facing the same kind of problem with my Sony Ericsson xperia play. I have searched solution to solve this problem ever where but none of the solution worked for me and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting the mobile device but it also didn’t make any difference for me after that one my friend told me that I can solve this issue by updating the mobile software update after that I tried that and now I am not facing any problem with my mobile device.

I am agree with your reply as you have said that by updating the software of the Sony Ericsson xperia play will solve this problem. But one thing I want to tell you is if you are looking for the software update then don’t try to update it from your computer or laptop. Just go to the Sony Ericsson service center and there ask for the software update of Sony Ericsson xperia play. Once it is done after that you will not find any difficulty with your mobile phone.

When I read your reply at that time I thought that updating the phone software from my computer is safe. But after that I came to know about its risk and then I have decided to update the software from Sony Ericsson service center and I went there and done the software update. After doing that my Sony Ericsson xperia play is working absolutely fine and my mobile is detecting my SIM card oerfectly. Thank you so much for your all reply and information.