Thread: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc via Bluetooth

Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc via Bluetooth

I purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Android smart phone last week. It is an excellent phone with features such as 3G, LED-backlit LCD display, 8 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS and many more. But while using this phone I came across a strange problem. The Bluetooth of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is not getting connected with my systems Bluetooth. When I tried to connect it with my system an error occurred displaying”phone cannot be connected via Bluetooth at the moment”. I tried to connect several times but the error occurred. Can you tell me how to overcome this issue? Do you have any quick suggestions or solutions for me then please share it with me.

Re: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc via Bluetooth

Your issue is not complicated it can be easily solved. But before assisting you to overcome such problems I would like to have some more information related your issue. I would like to know whether phone’s Bluetooth is on or off. What steps did you perform before getting that message? Is your phone connected to other devices? After you post all these information I will definitely let you know what are the further steps that you need to perform in order to overcome this error.

The error that you are getting can be due to some minor problems either in your cell phone’s Bluetooth or in systems Bluetooth. To avoid this error and to establish a fine connection between your cell phone and your system via Bluetooth, first make sure that the Bluetooth on both PC and phone is proper. After doing that try to connect them again. If it still fails then restart both PC and cell phone and try again. This time it should definitely work. The error message that you are getting might be from SE companion. Try this solution and inform me about it without fail.

For establishing connection between cell phone and PC, Sony Ericsson software requires a feasible virtual serial port for the COM port the phone is connected to. To set up a connection you need to perform the following four steps:
    1) install the PC software i.e. the necessary applications and drivers are available on the CD that came with your phone.
    2) Switch on Bluetooth in phone and PC. Use the PC Bluetooth software (often called "My Bluetooth Devices" or "My Bluetooth places") to begin pairing.
    3) Set up and check the serial port: for applications like XTNDConnect PC, MMS Home Studio, and Image Editor for which the serial Bluetooth profile is used. Before being able to use these applications, the serial port must be activated. Use the PC Bluetooth software to activate the Bluetooth serial port, or make sure that it is done automatically. Make a note of the port number. Go to Device manager and check what COM port Bluetooth uses. Make a note of the port number.
    4) Establish a connection: Go to Phone monitor options and open the COM tab. Start the COM port from earlier steps. Do not reserve it.
    After performing these steps the Bluetooth connection should start working and you will be able to use applications like XTNDConnect PC, MMS Home Studio, or Image Editor.

The issue which is irritating you a lot can be easily solved. There are many ways to solve this issue but you will find those tasks difficult to be executed. So I would like to suggest a simple solution to overcome this issue. You just need to visit Sony Ericsson service center and inform them about your issue. The employee present over there will assess your phone and let you know why you are getting those errors in your phone. He won’t charge for this. He will also tell you how to overcome such issues in future.