Thread: Sony Ericsson W995 unable to detect any network

Sony Ericsson W995 unable to detect any network

I purchased a Sony Ericsson W995 phone last week. It is an excellent phone with features such as 3G, TFT display, 8.1 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. But while operating this phone I came across a strange problem. My W995 phone all of a sudden can't connect to any network but it can be charged. I had another W995 last month and it had the same problem but that phone could not even charge. So, I ended up buying a new one. In new phone I encountered the same error again. I can’t even send any messages to my colleagues. Do you think my cell phone selection is wrong? I tried a lot but nothing happened. Can anyone help me out to solve this issue? Please do the needful if you can.

re: Sony Ericsson W995 unable to detect any network

I read your post and I will definitely help you out if I can. This issue is encountered by many people. Network failure that you are facing can be because of some software problem in your phone. Software problem is not much complicated to solve. Re- installing the software with the SE update service to its latest version can fix the problem. Try to re-install the software and then test whether you are getting the same issue or not. I think re-installing will definitely solve your issue. Try this and inform me about what happened.

I think your cell phone selection is absolutely right. Sony Ericsson W995 is an excellent phone with many features. Only few people have encountered such problems and you are one of them. The solution that I recommend to avoid these issues won’t be much complicated. First try to un-install PC Companion, re-download PC suite from the SE website and start a phone repair from your PC. The option to repair the phone is under the Help tab of the PC suite page. After phone repair you phone will definitely detect the network of your service provider.

The network issue that you are facing may be due to some modifications made by someone else in your phone settings. I think you won’t be aware about what exactly has been changed. To be more precise those settings are the reason for such issues. Simplest way to avoid such issues is to perform a master reset on your phone. Master reset will clear pending errors and bring your mobile to an initial state by restoring Factory setting. After resetting your phone it will definitely detect the network from the service provider that you are using. Try this master reset and let me know about it.

Re: Sony Ericsson W995 unable to detect any network

The issue which is irritating you a lot can be easily solved. There are many ways to solve this issue but you will find those tasks difficult to be executed. So I would like to suggest a simple solution to overcome this issue. You just need to visit Sony Ericsson service center and inform them about your issue. The employee present over there will assess your phone and let you know why you are getting those errors in your phone. He won’t charge for this. He will also tell you how to overcome such issues in future.