Thread: How to re-download games after upgrading Micro SD card in Sony Xperia play

How to re-download games after upgrading Micro SD card in Sony Xperia play

I have been using Sony Ericsson Xperia play from last 2 months. It’s an excellent Android Smartphone with features such as 3G, LED-backlit LCD display, 5 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. I downloaded many applications from android market. Those applications were quite good. I decided to upgrade my micro SD card for my Xperia Play from the 8GB which was previously included, to a brand new 16GB Kingston micro SD card. Everything worked fine, I first removed the old 8GB card and then inserted the new 16GB card without any issues. The problem which I am facing is that all the original games that came preloaded with the Xperia Play (i.e. Crash Bandicoot, Star Battalion, Madden NFL 11, Fifa 10 and Bruce Lee) specify that it must be re downloaded in order to play it in my cell phone. It informs me that the content was all loaded on the old 8 GB card. Can anyone please help me out? Is anyone aware about such problems if yes then let me know about it. Please do the needful if you can?

Re: How to re-download games after upgrading Micro SD card in Sony Xperia play

This issue is not much complicated. You can easily transfer the contents present in 8GB card to the 16 GB card. This issue is encountered by many people. In all SD card games content are usually saved in the location SD card/games. If you find the games folder in your 8GB memory, then it can be easily transferred to your new 16 GB memory card. I recommend you to first check whether you can find the games folder in your previous card. If yes then just copy it from that card and paste it in your new 16 GB memory card. Your work will be done. Now you can play the games that were present in your previous memory card. Try this out and inform me about this issue.

The issue looks complicated but it not so. You can easily get back the games that were present in your previous memory card. If you find to do this task difficult then you can get back those games back from the android market. As Sony Ericsson Xperia play is the android phone you can download as much games as you want from the android market. Downloading games from the android market is quite easier job. If you somehow want only those games that were present in the previous memory card then need to download an application from the android market which will do that task.

The issue which is irritating you a lot can be easily solved. There are many ways to solve this issue but you will find those tasks difficult to be executed. So I would like to suggest a simple solution to overcome this issue. You just need to visit Sony Ericsson service center and inform them about your issue. The employee present over there will assess your phone and let you know why you are not getting the contents of previous memory card in your new memory card. He won’t charge for this. He will also tell you how to overcome such issues in future.