Thread: Sony C902 stops functioning after 15 minutes of use

Sony C902 stops functioning after 15 minutes of use

I am using Sony Ericsson phone and I am getting unusual problem that my phone stops functioning just after fifteen minutes of its use. When I started my phone this morning then suddenly within fifteen minutes it stopped running. All my keys were not responding, I pressed multiple buttons but then also nothing was happening. I was even not able to turn off or restart my phone, and then I removed my phone’s battery and started again. Again it was running for fifteen minutes and same thing continued, so I want to solve this problem as quickly as possible.

Re: Sony C902 stops functioning after 15 minutes of use

I had a same problem with my phone before, and then I just turned my phone off and removed my battery. I would suggest you to do the same. You then have to clean your battery and the connector pins of your phone and wait for few minutes. Then assemble your phone again and switch it on again and then don’t perform any things on your phone, just leave it aside for few minutes and don’t charge your phone until battery goes to zero level. After that fully charge your battery and I hope this would remove your problem also.

As your phone is running on the start but stops functioning later on, I guess there is something wrong with the settings of your phone. You should reset your phone by performing master reset on your phone. You can find this on settings page of your phone. If this doesn’t solve your problem, then there would be problem with your phone’s software. So try to perform software update on your phone. I guess this would make your phone working.

As you told I have tried to reset my phone to factory settings, but still the same problem continues. Then I connected my phone to computer to update my phone’s firmware to a newer version. I used PC companion software to update the phone, but when I tried to update, then update process failed. The PC companion doesn’t allow my phone to update; it crashes every time I try to do so. Now I am thinking to throw my phone as it is not working well.

It seems definitely a software issue, your phone stops functioning because there is some service or application which is getting interrupted with your phone’s system files. So if you know any such applications which you installed by mistakenly into your phone and also which is incompatible with your phone, then remove all of them. Another reason for failed update process may be that then your PC companion would not have installed properly, so reinstall it again and check whether the same problem still persists.

There might be a hardware problem with your cell phone. I recommend you to show your phone to mobile repairing center and find the solution there. They would know the exact cause of this problem, because if the problem exists in the chip of your phone’s circuit board then they would replace that device of your cell phone and your phone would work again normally. Your cell phone processor might not be able to process more tasks. As your cell phone has become much older; your processor’s ability to perform more tasks has decreased.