Thread: Error message “Device locked because SIM card is missing” After updating Norton mobile security

Error message “Device locked because SIM card is missing” After updating Norton mobile security

Hello everyone, as I have got stuck in my cell phone, I eagerly need help of you all. I am using beta version of Norton mobile security in my HTC desire HD which runs on Android 2.2. As it was beta version I tried to update it, when I did update and reboot the cell phone, I got the following error message: “Device is locked because SIM card is missing”. But at that time I was having SIM card installed on my cell phone. I tried to remove SIM card but it is not working for me. can anyone help me with this matter? I appreciate all of your views and ideas!

Re: Error message “Device locked because SIM card is missing” After updating Norton mobile security

Hey I have gone through to your problem, I can say that don’t take it lightly, because I was also getting the same error on my HTC. For quick support I can say that you can try buddy function from your mobile. Once you will click on this you will get contact to call function, which will provide you to call to mailbox number. When I did the I got other mailbox number, hope you will get proper number. If not then you can contact tech support of Norton, they will only solve your problem as they did for me. All the Best!

Re: Error message “Device locked because SIM card is missing” After updating Norton mobile security

Hello friend, I have seen you problem and I have read all the posts on it, just want to say that I am completely agreed with the above post. I just wanted to add some more information on it, I thing you have activated the anti theft pass code on your mobile. If you have stored “buddy” on your mobile with + country code, then you will be easily able to contact from you phone and Norton tech support can easily help you. So just apply the above trick and see whether it is working or not, All the Best!

Hello friends, I am having some more additional information on this error. Actually when I was having the same error (this is the common error in HTC) I was able to see the forgot your password function instead of mobile number. I was not able to understand what was happening, after looking at only one screen I just sis the hard reset to my phone and I cleared out my problem, so I give you the same advice, just so the hard reset. Thanks you!

Hey dude I also want to add about this topic, I have also done the same hard reset to the phone but it is not always successful. When I did this it was not working for me and I was about to lost my phone, I mean my phone was about to get dead at that time. After that I called HTC support team and then they did the full hardware reset to my cell phone, which result in complete data and application lost. So beware before doing this.

Hello to everyone, I am quite happy that you all have replied to my post. After reading all of your posts I have come on one conclusion that from now I will not use Norton security in my mobile, it will be good if we all quit with application because it will ruin our cell phone. I have planned to do soft reset and hard reset on phone, if it is not working then I will go with HTC support team for complete hardware reset. Thanks a lot to all for replying me on this forum.