Thread: Keys are not working on Sony Ericsson

Keys are not working on Sony Ericsson

From a long period, I am using Sony Ericsson cell phone; I didn’t found any problem since these years. But nowadays I am facing problem with my cell phone keys. I usually use my phone for listening music and nowadays involved in text messaging also. The main problem is that whenever I use my keypad it works for a while, and then stops functioning. Then after waiting for a while, it starts functioning again. I found this problem when I navigate through my song’s playlist and also when I message someone. I don’t know the actual problem, that why is it happening, so I need help from you, so that I could fix keypad issue of my w995 cell phone.

Re: Keys are not working on Sony Ericsson

I think your keypad problem would be causing due to software problem. There would be something wrong with your phones firmware. You should upgrade your phone’s software to latest version. You can perform this update using Sony pc suite. There is phone update option in pc suite software, so for this you have to connect your phone to computer using USB and then start update from pc suite. The software would automatically perform the update on your phone. Your phone would get restart several times and finally your phone would get updated to a newer version.

Your keypad problem might have occurred because of any wrong settings and so you are facing this problem in between when you perform some activities. So for this you should reset your phone to factory settings. But there are different types of reset levels, i.e. a normal reset or a hard reset. A normal reset would restore your phone to default settings, and a hard reset would delete your phone’s data and reset the phone to default settings. So if you are going to perform hard reset, then take a backup of your data and go ahead.

It seems so that your keypad has not permanently stopped functioning. You are getting this problem in intervals, i.e. it starts functioning and again stops functioning and so on. Try to open your phone’s cover and clean your phone as well as keypad connectors and then place your cover back and check your keypad problem. If still the same problem persists, then I guess you keypad PCB have gone faulty. PCB is a physical circuit board, which contains several chips on it, so might be one of it had stopped functioning.

Your keypad would have got damaged, if your cell phone has fallen onto the floor, so for that you need to handle your phone with care to avoid future problems. Because of this, keypad connection to logic board might have gone loose, so for that you need to take your phone to service center. If your phone is in warranty period, then you have to go to Sony service center and tell them about your problem, they would do it at free of cost.

If this keypad problem has caused due to faulty keypad PCB, then you should repair it from any local service center or from Sony mobile service center. Repairing PCB is not everyone’s job, it needs several techniques, and it includes replacing IC or chips from circuit board. So this requires technical knowledge like how to solder or unsolder chips and also special tools are required for repairing PCB. So you should take your phone to mobile repairing center who usually deals with these kinds of problem.