Thread: Unable to receive text messages after unlocking Sony Ericsson Xperia x8

Unable to receive text messages after unlocking Sony Ericsson Xperia x8

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which I purchased 2 months ago from U.K. I was quite satisfied with my phone selection. Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 was locked to O2 network. It is android phone and was operating under version 1.6. I upgraded it to 2.1 and it was working fine. I left U.K about 2 weeks after buying the phone. I wanted to unlock the cell phone to use some other SIM in it to avoid the roaming charges. But after unlocking a noticed a issue in my cell phone. I was not able to receive text messages from the mobile operator. I tested my phone with different SIM cards but even then I was not able to receive text messages on my phone. But when I switched my SIM card to other phones the messages that were not coming on my Xperia started arriving one after the other. When I inserted my O2 SIM in another phone I use to receive messages. It was unlocked Via Server with purchased ID and Password. I don’t know why is this happening? Can anyone help me out?

Re: Unable to receive text messages after unlocking Sony Ericsson Xperia x8

Your issue is quite complicated but it can be solved. Messages not being received can be because of some software problem in your cell phone. Your phone might not be up graded correctly. Try to upgrade your phone once again and this time make use SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service). SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) is program which helps you to connect to the main Sony Ericsson Web Site easily and upgrade your phone with the latest software available for it. It can be downloaded from the main SE web page. After upgrading your phone using SEUS your phone might start receiving the text messages again. Try this out and let me know about it.

Android smart phones usually have few bugs in it. And if there is any bug then it can be easily solved. As there are many applications available in the android market using which any issue can be solved. But your issue is little bit different. I feel that the android OS somehow got corrupted during the unlocking process. This issue can be solved with the help of a PC. To overcome this issue first connect phone with your PC, after that you need to perform the repair operation. But before performing these operations take the backup of all essential data and applications. Then restore the application as recommended by SE and then repair your phone. After these operations you can easily receive text messages.

Unlocking the phone normally creates some problem in it. The issue that you are facing is one of them. To overcome the issues try to delete all the SMS and MMS from your android phone. After deleting I think you won’t face this problem again. To delete all the SMS and MMS perform the following steps: Go to Settings->Applications->Manage applications->MENU->Filter All->Messaging->Clear data. Note one thing these operations will erase all your SMS and MMS. Try this out and inform me about it.

The issue which is irritating you a lot can be easily solved. There are many ways to solve this issue but you will find those tasks difficult to be executed. So I would like to suggest a simple solution to overcome this issue. You just need to visit Sony Ericsson service center and inform them about your issue. The employee present over there will assess your phone and let you know why you are getting those errors in your phone. He won’t charge for this. He will also tell you how to overcome such issues in future.

I agree with Kickapoo. If you didn't upgrade with the SEUS upgrader, you can run into problems. A VERY common reason for SMS or even data for that matter has alot to do with baseband. If you flashed your phone and just upgraded your kernel and software without a compatible baseband, you will get that problem. Even flashing a international upgrade when you have a branded phone can give it an incompatible baseband. Say you have an Xperia X10 and it's branded USA. If you were to flash an international version of the upgrade, you will be putting an international baseband on it. BUT, the baseband itself CAN be flashed. If I were you, I would look into flashing a different baseband. Good luck. Any questions? Just ask.