Thread: Unable to load new apps from the Android market after updating with 2.1

Unable to load new apps from the Android market after updating with 2.1

Well i am having Sony Ericsson handset. Recently i have upgraded with 2.1 version of the firmware using the PC companion. Well i have found that the upgrade process is seems to be working fine and there was no trouble while doing the same. after finishing with upgrade i have found that the apps were unable to load on the phone of mine. i have searched on the Google but it did not help me to fix the matter of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to load new apps from the Android market after updating with 2.1

Well i let you know something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. i let you know that the Android Market is saved as Backup and Restore Application. The Android Market will prompt you to install the application on the phone of yours. if you are having any paid application then it would be handled in the manner which i have mentioned previously. You can redownload the same. makes sure that you are using the same Google account which you have used to download the application on the apps on the phone of yours.

I am suggesting the following instruction which you should use to uninstall the Android Market from the phone of yours.
    • You have to press the Menu key and then go for Settings and go for Applications. Into Manage Applications you should choose the Market.
    • Into Market you have to select the Clear Cache and simply choose the uninstall the updates.
    • After doing the same again go for Market and see whether you are able to download the content or not.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here i am suggesting that you should perform soft reset and see whether you are able to resolve the problem of yours or not. Well i am suggesting that you should press and hold the power button of the phone of yours. Also you should remove the battery of the phone of yours. once you have done the same you should reinsert the battery and switch on the phone and see whether it is working or not.

I think you need to perform master reset on the phone of yours. Well i let you know that you will lose all the data in the process of the master reset. Hence you should backup all the data which you have stored on the phone memory of the handset. After completing with the process of the master rest you can restore the backup on the phone of yours. So let me know whether there is any change in the situation after doing the master reset.

You told me that you have mentioned that you have started to face the issue after updating the phone with the firmware version of 2.1. so tell me whether you was having an issue with the previous version of the firmware. If your answer is no then i am suggesting that you should go for the downgrading of the firmware. Well you should backup the data before firmware downgrade and restore the same after completing with the process.

I am highly suspecting that the firmware which you have installed on the device is having a bug issue so i am suggesting that you should simply file a bug report to the developer. You should provide the details regarding the device which you are using , the firmware which you have installed and the problem which you are getting at the time of the firmware upgrade. The developer team would work around the situation and let you know about the fix after reasonable amount of time.