Thread: Xperia Play is another lost son of Sony Ericsson

Xperia Play is another lost son of Sony Ericsson

Hey guys, I have big fond of playing games on mobile phones that is the reason why I have booked an order for Sony Ericson Xperia Play. I have heard that this cell phone is first Certified Play Station phone, but I wanted to know that what is the meaning of Play Station Certified, I have some question below:
    • Can we remotely play game with PS3 using this phone?
    • Does control of this phone support with PS3 or keyboard?
    • Can we play PSN games using this cell phone?

I expect at least these above features from this phone, can anyone explain in detail please? Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

re: Xperia Play is another lost son of Sony Ericsson

Hey that’s really a good question, I don’t think that this cell phone have above mentioned features in it. because as per my experience with Sony Ericson, I can say that once they release the phone in the market, they will forget that above mentioned feature are there in the phone, after that they will stop releasing the update regarding this feature. What we can do is we can compare the other Play station certified phone and Xperia Play, after that we can take conclusion regarding this topic, so just wait for the release of the phone. All the Best!

Hey I am completely agreed with the above mentioned posts, as I also have some bad experience with Sony Ericson. This is the habit of Sony Ericson, first they introduce new feature to the phone and when they don’t provide those features within the phone, they just promise to give those features in upcoming new phone. And they keep on repeating the same mistake again and again, and also as per my knowledge Xperia Play doesn’t contain the above mentioned features. So don’t come in the trap of Sony Ericson. Just wait for the release of the phone then you will come to know about this.

Hi to all, I am completed agreed with the above post and I appreciate my friend to trace the trace the company. I wanted to share information about the Xperia X10 as I was using that cell phone, when I was using that phone and when I update it the last update was Android 2.1and god saink 2.1, when there was android 2.2 and 2.3 were in high demand. So this way they trap user and using this way they force people to use their phone. I have left using Sony phones and I don’t think that they will provide above mentioned features. There are many android phone available with great functionality they why should I choose Sony phones.

Yes that’s absolutely true, as per my suggestion we all must leave this phones. I am quite sure that Xperia Play will be flop, because as they have said that they are Play Station certified, I don’t think they have good graphic support and compatibility in that phone. Games and users always demand for the great graphic as they play on Play station or their hand held console. If users doesn’t get this feature when your phone is specialized in gaming, then they just drop such phone go on hunting for new phones like iPhone4 etc. I am sure that Xperia Play is going to flop in competitive market.

Hey I have gone through to above all posts and questions; I also have some answers for you regarding this cell phone. As per my knowledge and experience with Sony Ericson and gaming phones, I don’t think you will be able to play PSN games on this phone, Because Sony Ericson have only experience with PS3. And I also want to say that you can play PSP game on this, because this is Play station certified phone, it means that the controls for playing game is designed by Sony Ericson and it has been tested by Play station with good gaming quality. So as per my concern we must wait for the release of the phone and then we should decide that what is lacking. Thanks you.

Re: Xperia Play is another lost son of Sony Ericsson

Hey all thanks for the replies on my post. I was never know that I will such information about the phone, I have read all the comments and posts about the phone and I came to know that Ericson is quite cheater company, but if they provide such feature in this phone then I will be wondering that Sony Mobile phones and desktop are taking each other in the market. My final conclusion is that I will be waiting for the release of the phone and then I will think to but as per the review. Thanks a lot to all again.