Thread: Built in email stopped working on Sony Ericsson Elm

Built in email stopped working on Sony Ericsson Elm

as the title suggesting itself what i am going to ask over here. Well i am using Sony Ericsson Elm. From past couple of days i have noticed that the inbuilt email mechanism of this particular phone is not working at all. whenever i am trying to do the same i am getting an error message on the screen. ‘An error occurred using SSL/TSL.’ Also i have noticed that the i was unable to use the website using the browser as it was needed secure connection. Let me know if you are having any particular suggestion to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Built in email stopped working on Sony Ericsson Elm

I think there is something wrong with the settings which you are using to connect with the GPRS. I am suggesting that you should contact the network service provider and get verified yourself and ask them to provide the GPRS settings. You should download and install the same on the device of yours. Also you should download and installed the necessary certificates on the phone of yours and see .whether it is making any difference in the situation.

I am doubting that the problem which you are facing due to usage of the incorrect date time. Well i am suggesting following instruction which you should use to select the appropriate Time Zone settings on the phone of yours.
    • You should go for Menu and then go for Settings and then go for Time and Date.
    • Here you can set up appropriate Time Zone and see whether the thing which i have mentioned over here helped you out or not.

I am suggesting couple of solutions which you can apply to fix the problem of yours. first of all i am suggesting that you should try with the different Email client and see whether it is working or not. Also you can try to solve the matter by using the different network provider. If none of the above mentioned solution is not working at all then i am suggesting that you should perform a master reset on the phone of yours and see whether it is helping out from the problem or not.

It is universal problem as far as this particular problem is concerned. Well the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to firmware issue. Hence i am suggesting that you should download and install the latest version of the firmware on the device of yours. Also you should backup the data which you have stored on the phone memory because it would be deleted in the process of the firmware upgrade. After completing the process you should restore the backup on the phone.