Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sony j108i not getting 100% charged

Portable Devices

Old 12-05-2011

Sony j108i not getting 100% charged

I am using Sony Ericson phone from long time, model no. j108i. Nowadays, I found that my battery level is decreasing suddenly within a short time. Then always I keep my phone on charging, but I observed that my phone is not getting 100% charged. I charge it by directly connecting my phone to wall socket. I want to know when I turn my phone off and put the phone on charging, and then phone automatically gets started. So provide me with some solutions in charging my battery to maximum level?

Old 12-05-2011

Re: Sony j108i not getting 100% charged

It is not a fault that when you turn your phone off and directly connects it into wall socket for charging, and your phone turn on again. Even if you charge our phone through USB, then also your phone turns on again, if it is switched off. I would suggest you to remove your phone?s battery clean it and insert it again. Now check whether it is able to get 100% charged. If still this doesn?t help then remove your battery again, and spin the battery on a flat surface for two to three times, this might solve our problem.
Old 12-05-2011

If you are using this phone from a long time, then your phone?s battery might have gone weaker. I would advise you to insert another battery if you have couple of it. Also if you don?t have, then you can purchase from a local vendor, and check it again. This problem usually happens because battery has limited lifetime, so might be ions inside your battery are not able to get charged, due to this, your phone end up showing you a low battery level.
Old 12-05-2011

If you perform more activities on your phone, then your phone would consume more charge from our battery. For eg. If you surf on internet for a longer time through your cell phone, then much of your battery is been consumed by your phone. Also if you listen to songs for longer time or doing data transfer using Bluetooth, then also your phone requires lots of charging. So try to avoid performing these activities together, instead perform it individually.
Old 12-05-2011

If charging directly through wall socket doesn?t charge your phone to 100%, then I would suggest you to charge from USB. For this you have to connect your phone to any computer, and then check whether your phone is getting fully charged. If your phone shows maximum batter level, then problem is not with your battery. Then might be problem is with your charger, because I guess it stops functioning after few hours. If even through USB, it doesn?t charge fully, then their might be problem with your phone?s hardware, so for this you need to repair our phone through any service center.
Old 13-05-2011

If your phone is not showing you a 100% charging level, then there could be a software problem with your phone. You should upgrade your phone?s firmware to a latest version. If you don?t know how to upgrade the phone?s software, then you can take it to any phone repairing center and tell them about the same. They would charge you for that, else if your phone is in warranty period then you can take it to Sony service center, they would definitely solve your problem and you would be able to get 100% charge level on your battery.
Old 09-10-2011

I'm using d same phonetype. I guess it's production issue. No matter how you charge it, you wont get 100% charged displayed. Your bat is full when d bat bar stops. You may Check its users opinion at gsmarena
Old 06-04-2014

It is as per design of the sony company, no need to worry. The thing is the battery will start to discharge a little after it is fully charged and then charges again after certain time. This is extend battrey life and may result in the charge status showing a level below 100 percent.
You can find this from
Go 01- Setting 02- User help 03-User guide 04- Getting sarted 05- Charging the phone

Hope u got the msg

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,