Thread: Unable to make own application menu in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Unable to make own application menu in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Hello everyone, I am writing here with lots of hope as I am facing some application problem in my Sony Experia Play. I have recently bought Sony Experia Play, and I love it, except it gives me some application error. When I check for application, it shows me that all application are installed properly, but when I try to move application into my own sorted order, then it always reset it back after restarting. Also there are some problems in default screen, it creates 1 application per page, and currently I am having 14 pages with only one application. Can anyone help me how to solve it? Please reply guys, thanks a lot in advance!

re: Unable to make own application menu in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Hello, I have read your question, as per my knowledge with this issue I must say that it seems like that your android phone is not saving the custom order setting on reboot. So for that reason what you need to do is, just follow the below steps:
    • Enter into application drawer
    • Click on own order preference
    • Move some application icon in your order
    • Save the setting manually
    • After that reboot your phone

Now see that it is working or not, I think manual save will work for you. All the Best

Hello everyone, I also wanted to share some information on Sony Experia Play. I was also using the same phone, and I left it just because of this reason. After getting bored of this regular error, I tried with Sony Experia Arc; I thought it will be good but it also disappointed me, after that I came to know that both the phones have same problem with same launcher. One you get the solution for launcher, you know the way how to come out of this, I am also searching for the same. Now I have left both the phones.

Hey guys, I was the lover of android With Sony Ericson Experia series of phones, but Experia Play and Arc has disappointed me a lot. I am completely agreed with above post, as I have also used this both phones. Now a day I am not using this phones, I prefer other androids rather than the Experia, they have not yet uploaded the solution for this error and launcher on their website, vendor are also not giving answer properly. We must do something or we will have to choose another option for us. Guys what do you all say for this, let us do complain on their website.

Hi, as per my opinion we must do something with Sony Ericson company as mentioned in the above post. And I have many times noticed that Sony Ericson reads these kinds of forum, so it will be good for us that they are going to read this and they will take it as a feedback for them. I can’t believe that how can such good company do like this, how can be so irresponsible in such responsibilities. I have also noticed that the cost of Experia is decreasing day by day, and we all should leave this phone till we are not getting proper solution for it. All the Best to all

Re: Unable to make own application menu in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

Hey man, thanks a lot to give such a wonderful solution. I was planning to replace my Sony Ericson Xperia Play with Sony Ericson Arc which also has the Android operating system, but after reading above all posts I came to know that there is same error in almost every Sony Ericson Xperia series of phones. I have planned to give this cell phone to vendor back as it is in the warranty period, if company is giving me replacement with solved error then it fine or else I will choose other Android for me. thanks a lot to all for replying on this forum.