Thread: Data missing from Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone

Data missing from Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone

Hello guys. I recently purchased the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone. It has been an amazing performer till now. But yesterday something strange happened. I had uploaded few songs in my mobile. So I was just browsing through my song lists and while doing so I realized that few data, to be specific photos and videos are missing from my mobile. They all were there just before the song track list was getting updated, and when I checked them during updating all of them had vanished. What is the reason behind this? Does anyone know anything related to this topic? Please help me with your suggestions.

re: Data missing from Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone

According to me there must be some kind of virus in your micro SD card or in your Phone memory which is causing this problem. I would suggest you to install some antivirus application in your Xperia Play and run the antivirus to detect existence of any kind of virus or malicious germs. If you are unable to find a good Antivirus for your Android phone, you can perform scan by connecting your mobile to your computer and then scan the mobile phone by using the Antivirus installed in your computer system.

Re: Data missing from Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone

I would suggest you to Flash your mobile and then check whether you are facing the same problem after flashing your mobile. Flashing requires the PC Suite of Sony Ericsson. You can download it from the official website of Sony Ericsson or any other trusted sites. Once you have downloaded the file, install it in your computer or laptop system and run the application once it is installed.
    1. Sony Ericsson PC Suite > Tools > Phone Repair
    2. Now click on the Continue button and follow the on-screen instructions.
    3. Now a list of Sony Ericsson mobiles will appear.
    4. You have to select your mobile’s icon.
    5. Once you have selected the mobile phone, connect your mobile to your computer. Connection can be established with the help of USB cable.
    6. The Repairing process will take some time.
    7. Once the process gets completed, your mobile will restart.

I have read it at many forums and websites that performing Hard Reset can restore the factory settings in your mobile. So I would suggest you to do the same only. No extra software or anything like that is required to do so. It is actually a very simple process. What you need to do is remove the battery. Press the reset button which is on the back side of your mobile, near the right side where your battery is inserted. You can press this button with any soft by pointed thing or the stylus of your mobile. This will pretty much solve your issue.

There must be some problem with your current firmware. I would recommend you to search for updates for your mobile and its firmware. And if you find any new update then download it and install it in your Sony Ericsson Smart Phone. Make sure you download that update from the official website of Sony Ericsson only. It will make sure that you have installed the right file. And chances of you infecting your mobile further by installing some kind of virus will be reduced to considerable extent.

Your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Smartphone seems to be new, so it would be better if you contact your Service Provider and fix an appointment to get your mobile repaired or replaced as per the need of the situation. It is also known that performing any kind of firmware update by yourself will void the warranty of your mobile. So it would be better if your don't experiment with your mobile and hand it over to the technical staff of Sony Ericsson to get the problem solved.