Thread: Suggestions before buying xperia play

Suggestions before buying xperia play

Hey I want to know something about Xperia play. Is it a phone worth buying? I liked its reviews but would want to know myself from those users who have purchased it…My friend has bought one, but he’s not that satisfied with the phone, as he’s a hardcore PSP fan, the phone could not match his expectations. I am heart broken as it was my dream to buy a cell phone which is so awesome. So if anyone of you guys could let me know its pro’s and con’s then it would really help me.

Re: Suggestions before buying xperia play

I am really sorry that your friend felt bad and had a bad experience with your handsets. I personally have had my Xperia play handset and now I feel so happy by having the awesome gaming experience and have been delighted with its performance. I would like to clarify for new users that I am not a Sony Ericsson fan but volunteer here because I really like the Android experience and even helping users get the most out of their devices. So any other queries then I am there to help you guys..!

I have bought it 2 weeks before and So far I am loving all the new features of Xperia Play. I am really glad that has releasing with Gingerbread instead of having it 'upgradeable' like other phones. A gaming phone deserves the latest and greatest. One thing that makes me a bit sad is that it has 512 MB RAM but doesn’t mind much..I know that's a little generous, but if you would want to have a nice gaming experience then you need to wait for the upcoming HTC Thunderbolt (768 MB). However, despite that I think the GPU will make up for it.

I myself really admire the success of this phone being a PS lover and game crazy person, Now that I have it, I don’t need to carry my ps as I could make calls and play games on the same phone..It does get me bit angry when I hang up in receiving calls while playing on the cell. But it doesn’t matter much when people are jealous of you when you have such a nice phone!!

Yeah. I've heard what you're saying. I have even heard that other Android phones specially Gingerbread are going to be getting the 'app' that allows for the PSN to download games. perhaps, I heard it from a friend. So, honestly even if it is to have the feature of PSP titles, it Is not exclusive. So now its upon you that you either get his lower specification phone that has game-specific controls on it or else get a higher specification phone with double the cost of xperia play, but you need to sacrifice those awesome game controls.