Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro headphone is not working

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro headphone is not working

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro phone from last two months and it has been performing consistently well this far. I recently ended up breaking up my original headphones of my X10 mini pro, so I purchased another set of headphones for my mobile. But now my mobile is not connecting with the new headphones. I have recently purchased this new headphone. What could be the reason this irritating problem? Anybody having any knowledge about this problem, please feel free to reply my thread. Thank you in advance.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro headphone is not working

First of all I would suggest you to make sure that the headphone which you purchased is a working one. Try to connect your recently purchased headphones in some another mobile or computer and check whether the headphones are working perfectly fine or not. Play some song and find out whether you are able to hear the music or not. Make sure that you have kept the volume loud enough to hear. Or else it might happen that you have connected your headphones and you have kept the volume to minimum or Mute mode and you are complaining that you are unable to hear anything while using headphones.

After reading the specifications of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro mobile, I came across the fact that it supports 3.5 mm jack headphones and not any other. So I would suggest you to make sure that the headphones which you have recently purchased to use it in your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro mobile is the one with 3.5mm jack and not the earlier version of it i.e. 2.5mm jack headphones. It might be possible that you have purchased the 2.5mm jack headphones instead of the 3.5mm one.

Thank you for the replying so quickly to my post. I tried what you guys suggested. The headphone seems to be working with my computer. But there also sometimes it works well and sometimes it just stops responding. I made sure that the volume of my mobile is full and I am playing a well working music file but still the headphone is not responding to my mobile phone. And also I am using 3.5mm jack headphone, so that is not the issue. So in short, I did not find any help from your suggestions. But I really appreciate your efforts. So anyone else is having any other suggestions then please help me.

I would suggest you to get your headphones replaced or buy a new headphone from Sony Ericsson store. It might be possible that the headphone which you had purchased might not be compatible with your Sony Ericsson mobile phone and that is why it is not getting detected by your mobile. There is no guarantee that any third party accessories will be completely compatible with your Sony Ericsson mobile. So it will be better if you purchase the original headphones from Sony Ericsson itself.

There are chances that your Sony Ericsson mobile’s headphone 3.5mm port might not be functioning properly and there is some kind of hardware issue with it. In this case even the right headphones will also not get detected and will not work. So it is better if you make sure your headphone socket of your mobile is in working condition. The only way to check it is by sending your mobile to the Sony Ericsson Service Center and getting it repaired. As you have recently purchased the mobile, replacement might not charge you. But most probably as it is a hardware issue, your warranty has got void and you will have to pay for the charges.