Thread: System not recognizing phone but charging it

System not recognizing phone but charging it

Hi, I have bought xperia play and pretty pleased with it. But several hours before I have the problem when I was trying to plug phone via usb to the pc but it does not detect it, but keeps charging. Even the connection via wi-fi and bluetooth have failed. I have changed computers and many usb cables but it has still not being getting detected. Anyone who can help me, please do provide with necessary assistance.

Re: System not recognizing phone but charging it

Hello , I understand what the problem might be, I advise you to Try using the official cables that came with the phone- the one’s which are original. I know one of the USB cables is a charge only, and the other cable was charging and data , now you need to use this one for charging the phone..if still any issues occur then do tell me. I’ll help you out with the queries that are occurring.

I guess, this is indeed a problem with the Micro SD itself and it would require the memory card to be formatted. You should try this as it might help you in solving the problem. Even you should note that you need to format the memory card via PC rather than phone, ensure you format to FAT32 when you are formatting the memory card.

Maybe there would be a issue with the 1st SD card you had so hopefully this will not happen again. If the phone keeps un-mounting the sd-card make sure the lower cover is on correctly as there is a pressure switch which the lower cover is pressed against. The card will always un-mount if we fail to put the cover properly on it.

As mentioned above, I tried doing all the things that you have told, It really helped me a lot. I was getting annoyed trying it again and again, after formatting the memory card and I tried doing it again and was surprised to see that it really helped me. Thanks for the help, it benefitted me, I am glad I found the solution that I needed, it saved my time of going to the phone dealer and asking him to fix it for me.