Thread: Configuring Sony XBOX 360 controllers in PC

Configuring XBOX 360 controllers in PC

I have one problem with XBOX 360 and my pc. I have XBOX 360 in my home but I want play gears of war on my pc. I’ve tried every possible setting but I couldn’t connect my XBOX to my pc, I just don’t understand what to do? If anyone knows how to connect XBOX to pc then please help me. should I have to buy new hardware for this?.but I don’t want to buy new hardware, please help me out.

re: Configuring XBOX 360 controllers in PC

If you want to play XBOX games on pc then you don’t have to worry about it because Microsoft windows also comes with such solutions, all you have to do is just make sure that you have XBOX 360 controller software CD because without CD you can connect your XBOX to your pc but cannot configure further settings and the windows will not detect your XBOX but that is also not a problem if you don’t have software CD then you can also download XBOX software from internet. . If you’re using wireless 360 controllers then you will have to buy XBOX 360 wireless receiver from any retailer. After all this insert your XBOX software CD into CDROM and follow the steps:
    • After inserting CD into CDROM automatic setup will continue but if the setup screen does not appear the click on ‘START’, click on ‘RUN’ and then type ‘DRIVE LETTER: SETUP’ and press OK.For example if your CDROM or DVDROM derive letter is E then type E: setup and then click OK.
    • Wizard will appear on the screen, click install and follow the installation process

I have XBOX 360 wireless controllers. I scratched my head for many hours that how can I connect wireless controllers to pc and then I found the solution after hours of internet searching that we need to re-sync the controllers to the wireless receiver. There is a small button on the top of the USB receiver and on the front side of XBOX controller which we need to press at the same time that will make a relation between the controller and the receiver. After you do all this you are all set go play XBOX 360 games on your pc without any problems.

re: Configuring Sony XBOX 360 controllers in PC

Connecting XBOX 360 or its controllers to pc is not a big deal, we also don’t have to buy new hardware or monitor or any other hardware device to play XBOX games on pc. All I had to do is to connect 360 controller, audio cables and XBOX DVI connector to my CPU but some of you may have VGA monitor then you can buy XBOX 360 controller VGA cable from retailer. Some of you also have graphic cards and today’s graphic cards have both VGA and DVI port on it. You can also use XBOX 360 manual book for assistance.

If you want to install XBOX 360 on your pc then you don’t have to install it because some web links contains spam or virus which can harm your computer system. If you have windows 7 or windows vista installed in your system then you will not need to download any XBOX 360 software from internet, windows 7 and windows vista automatically installs XBOX 360 drivers once you connect it to the pc. The problem of XBOX 360 is with windows XP, windows XP cannot detect XBOX 360 drivers, for that we have to install drivers manually. If you follow all these steps and connect all important cables to pc then you can play any XBOX game on your pc.