Thread: Brightness Keys Are Not Working On Samsung N220

Brightness Keys Are Not Working On Samsung N220

I am using Samsung netbook model no. N220 and it camed with pre-installed windows 7 basic version. Last night I upgraded my laptop to windows 7 ultimate version. I finished installation process properly, and started my laptop. When I tried to adjust brightness of my laptop using keyboard function keys, then I found that nothing is changing, then I tried other function keys then these keys were working. Then I realized that my brightness keys are not working. Does any one know why this is happening in my laptop?

Re: Brightness Keys Are Not Working On Samsung N220

Before you formatted your laptop, everything was working well. But as you formatted and installed windows 7 operating system again on your laptop, all the drivers which were installed on your laptop before have got uninstalled or deleted. In your case, all the function keys except brightness keys are functioning well, because windows 7 have automatically installed the basic drivers as needed by laptop. Your brightness control keyboard function key drivers are not installed. So go to Samsung’s website and download all the needed drivers for your laptop model, and install it on your laptop.

As you upgraded your laptop to a newer version of windows 7 and you are not able to adjust the display in your laptop, because your BIOS (Basic Input Output System) software has not been upgraded. In your case, you updated your OS software, so you also need to upgrade your BIOS firmware software. Firmware upgrading process is not as easy like installing windows 7. Go to Samsung’s site, and download a firmware upgrade for your laptop, and learn how to upgrade bios firmware and proceed for the same.

In your laptop, Function key + Arrow keys are shortcut keys for adjusting brightness in your laptop. Just check that arrow keys are working or not, you can do this checking by scrolling any pages. If these keys are working fine, then your keyboard keys are working properly. Then I advice you to take your laptop to nearest Samsung service center, and tell them about your query, they would help you getting out from situation. You may also show this problem to local dealer, if you don’t have service center around you and also if your warranty period has expired.