Thread: Nokia 5300 does not support streaming

Nokia 5300 does not support streaming

I had purchased a brand new Nokia 5300 cell phone 2 months ago. I selected this phone because I liked its features such as TFT display, 1.3MP camera, Bluetooth and many more. I have been using a sim card of Tata docomo in it. I used to surf a lot using my default browser. But yesterday I encountered an error in my cell. The error was that my phone did not support streaming. While surfing on internet I tried to play a video on it but the error message was displayed that streaming is not supported. I tried a lot to find out what the error is but failed to do so. Do you know why this is happening? Does it require a special setting? If yes then please let me know about it?

Re: Nokia 5300 does not support streaming

Nokia 5300 is well a featured phone and it also supports streaming. But your cell phone is not doing so. This issue can be because of some error in your cell phone. I advise you to upgrade your firmware to its latest version. Upgrading firmware can help you to come out from this problem. Up gradation reconfigures your setting required for streaming. Upgrade your firmware and then try to play videos on internet. This time your phone might support streaming.

The issue that you have encountered in your cell phone is not complicated. Nokia 5300 supports streaming but your phone is not doing so. Your cell phone might be requiring some special settings. The special settings that you require can be obtained from your network provider. For that you need to call your network provider and they will guide you to perform some changes in your phone settings related to internet(configuration settings) or they will message you some settings and you need to save them as default settings.

Streaming issue can be because of the default browser that you are using. My suggestions for you is to download opera mini in your cell phone and then go to opera mini settings and allow streaming by clicking on the check box specified for streaming. After performing all these steps connect your phone to internet and try to play videos. This time it will definitely work out.