Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505 display screen won’t enlarge to full screen

Toshiba Satellite L505 display screen won’t enlarge to full screen

I recently purchased Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop and it was working all fine until few hours ago. Out of nowhere the laptop display screen started showing up some issues. The screen was not enlarging to its maximum value and got stuck to about 90 percent of the screen. This problem is visible in almost all browsers, installed programs and any other application installed in my laptop. My Toshiba Satellite L505 is running Windows 7 OS. IF anyone has got a solution for my problem then please help me your by replying me your valuable suggestions.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505 display screen won’t enlarge to full screen

I have never seen the Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop, so I am not sure about its features and how it actually looks like. But mostly many of the monitors and laptop screens are provided with in-built menu which can help you adjust the display screen of your laptop. If you are having this built in menu then just go to it and adjust your monitor. Adjust until you feel the screen is covering the entire monitor screen.

There must be some setting in Windows to adjust the display screen of your laptop. But I am very much confused with what information you shared here with us. There are many possibilities here. If the background photo in your desktop is fitting in the entire screen of your laptop and the taskbar at the bottom of the screen is fully stretched from right end to the left end of the screen, but the applications and browsers are not, then it might be possible that those applications are in minimized mode. I would suggest you to either stretch them to fill in to the entire screen or maximize them.

I would recommend you to check in what resolution you have kept your laptop display screen. Change the resolution of your screen to the usual 1024 x 768 pixels rather than any other one. You can change the resolution of your screen by navigating to the following pathe:
    • Right-click on your desktop screen
    • From the drop-down list, select the properties option.
    • Display properties window will appear
    • Click on the settings tab.
    • In the screen resolution column, change the resolution of your screen into 1024 x 768 pixels.
    • Click on Apply button and then click on OK button.

There seems to be some graphics problem with your laptop. I would suggest you to change your laptop’s display settings. You can do this by doing the following:
    1. Click on the Windows Orb icon on the bottom left of your window.
    2. Click on the Control Panel option.
    3. Now go to Display and then click on settings tab.
    4. Now click on the advanced button.
    5. Plug and Play Monitor will be displayed.
    6. Click on Monitor tab and adjust your Screen Refresh rate to 60 hertz.
    7. Apply the changed settings and click on OK.

According to me there are high chances that you must be having some issues with your graphics card and its related drivers. So I would suggest you to first check whether your graphics card is running properly or not and also check if all the necessary drivers are installed in your laptop. I would suggest you to install the drivers of your graphic card by using your Toshiba’s original Utilities and drivers CD. Once you have installed all the drivers in your laptop, just restart your laptop so that the changes you just did could come into effect.

The best option that I feel will perfectly work for you is that you contact the retailer from whom you purchased your laptop and give your laptop to the expert for repairing or replacement according to the condition of the problem. And if you are able to find Toshiba Service Center in your nearby area then it would be the best possible solution for you to get your laptop repaired by the Technical support staff of Toshiba.