Thread: Nokia C6 automatically search for WLAN network

Nokia C6 automatically search for WLAN network

Nokia C6 is a symbian smart phone with many features. Its features are outstanding and it functions efficiently. I have been using this phone from the last 2 months. But recently I noticed that there is some error in Nokia C6. The problem is that the phone automatically searches for wireless networks. Even when the phone is not connected to a network” no WLAN found” message is being displayed. This problem is annoying me and discharging the battery of my phone. I tried all settings that I knew but nothing worked out. Do you know how to solve this problem? Can you help me out in solving this problem?

Re: Nokia C6 automatically search for WLAN network

After reading your post I came to know about your problem. This problem can be due to some minor error s in your cell phone setting. These errors can be easily solved. To solve these errors you need to modify some cell phone settings. WLAN settings in your phone may be set to “auto find networks” due to which you are facing this problem. You need to turn it off to avoid the problem. To do so you need to perform following steps:
    Menu - Settings-> Connectivity ->WLAN-> Options-> Settings-> WLAN Detection Off. WLAN settings may be set to “auto find networks”
    After modifying the settings you won’t face this problem again.

Your problem is quite common with many people and it is not too complicated. This problem can be solved easily. This problem can be due to some application running in the background which you are not aware of. I advise you to check whether any application is running in the background that requires net connection. If yes then close the application and restore the factory settings (using soft reset). This will clear all the errors and bring your mobile to its initial state.

The automatic search for network occurs due to some minor faults in cell phone settings. This problem is not very complicated. To solve this problem I would advise you to go to Nokia gallery or service center and tell them about your problem. The employee present in service center will assess your cell phone and will tell you what the exact cause of automatic network search is. He will do the necessary modification in your cell phone and bring your mobile to its initial state. Now you won’t be getting the error of automatic search for network again.