Thread: GPRS settings for Maxx mq340

GPRS settings for Maxx mq340

As nowadays mobile internet is getting cheaper, I want to access internet on my MAXX mq340, so that I can have once touch facebook access from my phone’s shortcut button, and could chat using my QWERTY keypad, and can surf through web. So for that I want to know the procedure of how to activate internet on my phone and what kind of settings I need to configure on my phone. Can anyone provide me such information?

Re: GPRS settings for Maxx mq340

You can access internet, can chat, and can surf through web, but for this you need to activate internet on your mobile by contacting your service provider. Your service provider can have many plans for mobile gprs, so you can talk to them and can ask for particular plan activation. You should also ask them to send a gprs settings for your mobile. It refers to automatic settings in which you don’t need to configure anything on your phone. When you receive gprs settings you have to save it and click on activate, so that your mobile browser would use those settings to access internet.

There are two ways for having settings in your mobile: 1) Automatic 2) Manual. For receiving automatic settings, you can refer to above solution. For Manual settings, you need to follow below steps in order to configure your phone for accessing internet. In your case, as you haven’t specified your service provider, I assume you have an airtel as your service provider:
    Go to menu -> services -> data account -> GPRS and select empty account. Edit the account name to your provider name. For eg. Here I used airtel, and select APN (Access Point Name) and assign it as airtelgprs.com for Airtel users. And leave rest all as it is and save the account and activate it.

If you are a Vodafone or airtel user, then you receive gprs settings when you insert your sim card. It is because these big giants have started this facility, so that users can get settings automatically, which helps them in saving their time which can be used in solving another query and no users would query them for sending settings. If you are not using those operators, you can switch to them, as they provide much better services.