Thread: Samsung gt s5560 displaying sim card unavailable

Samsung gt s5560 displaying sim card unavailable

My phone got switched off because it was low in battery. So I charged my phone and when I turned on my Samsung gt s5560, then phone popup with an error saying SIM card unavailable. Before this error, I was able to use my phone properly, and now I am not able to access my phone functions. I tried removing battery of my phone and placed it again, but still phone continues displaying the same error. Can anyone help me out from this error?

Re: Samsung gt s5560 displaying sim card unavailable

Sim card unavailable error means that your phone is not able to detect any sim card in your phone. Switch off your phone, remove the phone cover , along with battery, and remove the sim card and insert it again properly. Turn on your phone again and go ahead. This normally happens when phone has fallen from height and sim card looses contact from sim chips. I think this might work in your case.

Go to settings, and reset your phone to factory settings, it would ask you to enter phone password, input it and go ahead. Your phone would automatically restart. If that does not help you, then try to update your phone’s software. This would acquire your phone to have latest settings, which might solve your query, else your phone’s network chip might have stopped functioning. Take your phone to nearest Samsung service center, and get your phone repaired, if it is in warranty period.

This may be due to some network related problems with your provider. Try to call your sim card operator from another phone, and ask them about your query. If it is a temporary network problem, then your query would be solved as soon as your operator completes network up gradations. If they says there is no network problem with operator, then you need to visit your service provider gallery, and show them your query. They would check your sim card, and if there is some problem in it, they might give you a new sim card.