Thread: Compaq Presario C306 not getting started

Compaq Presario C306 not getting started

While I was working on my Compaq laptop, suddenly it stopped working. Then I tried restarting laptop, but still it didn’t responded. I removed battery and plugged laptop directly on AC power, then power led and lightning bolt started flickering. Then I unplugged the AC power and inserted battery and started AC power , then lightning bolt goes solid and when I pressed power button, keyboard lights turns on, fans starts spinning for few seconds and stops, lightning bolt starts flickering again and screen shows nothing. Can anyone give me any idea or solution for this?

Re: Compaq Presario C306 not getting started

As you told your CPU fan starts spinning and stops after few seconds and monitor shows nothing, you need to open your laptop case and remove a RAM from it, clean it and insert it back to its slot. While you open your laptop, make sure that laptop is not attached to any power source. You need a toolkit for unscrewing your laptop. If this does not help, then try placing RAM in another slot. If all these do not work, then your RAM may be faulty, so try replacing your RAM.

If you are able to unscrew your laptop, then check for the CMOS battery located on the motherboard. It is a silver colored battery, just like an ordinary calculator battery. Remove it and start your laptop. If it turns ON, then purchase that battery from any electronic store, it is very cheap and costs below fifty bucks, and then insert it in its place. CMOS battery is generally used to store date and time settings of your laptop.

If you are unable to unscrew your laptop and if your laptop is in warranty, then visit your nearest HP service center and tell them your query and get your laptop repaired and you won’t be charged as your laptop is under warranty period. If your warranty period has expired, then also you can go to your HP service center, but you would get charged for these services. Or else you can go to any laptop repairing center around you and get your laptop started.