Thread: Webcam not working on HP Pavilion dv2840se

Webcam not working on HP Pavilion dv2840se

I am using the windows 7 on mine HP Pavilion dv2840se laptop. Earlier I am using the windows vista and recently I have upgraded mien operating system to windows 7. Everything on the system works but mine webcam not working. I have tried lots of solution but none of them helped me to solve mine issue. Now I don’t what to do. Can anyone suggest on this webcam issue and so that I can get ride this issue. Please help on this issue and thanks in advance.

Re: Webcam not working on HP Pavilion dv2840se

I have faced the same issue and here I think you have to install new drivers in the system, since it is not installed correctly on your system or do not update. So first of all try to update drivers and then reboot see if you can use your webcam or not. If yes, then you simply have to get this problem by updating the drivers on your system. I hope this will solve your webcam issue.

Do you have anti-virus on your system? Antivirus is updated? Do you regularly scan your computer? Because there is a strong possibility that the system files or files are damaged webcam. I suggest you to scan your computer for virus detection. A tip, always keep your antivirus updated to protect your system against viruses and other germs and Trojans. Also check if the camera is properly connected to the computer. Check whether the connection is not loose or entangled cable.

Make sure all the installed drivers are current. I suggest you uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall. Never forget to reboot when prompted, because many of processes are completed after a restart or reboot the system. Download the latest drivers for the webcam in the official website and install it. Restricting yourself to download the installation program from anywhere at random, as the facility may have the virus and may be incomplete. If you complete the installation and after that your issue will get solved.

There is a way by which you can confirm if there is hardware / BIOS malfunction or not. It is necessary to restore the hard drive to its original state of our content box. You can do this by recovering HP Media. If you have the recovery media from HP then use it or you can ask the same of HP support can restore your hard drive to its original content by the following steps in the User Guide Go to the drive section hard disk recovery by means of recovery, and follow the steps there.

There can be no opportunity that the cameras have smashed and that is why he has unexpectedly happening to go wrong. So for this hardware difficulty I would advise you propel your laptop to the manufacture shop where you can get ride your issue. If you won’t get the any suggestion I would like to suggest you to visit the HP Service Center. Fill out all the options and they will get full information on all HP Service Centers in your country. Select the one that seems to be right for you and send your laptop to a solution there.