Thread: Upgrading Alienware M17x r2 from 4GB to 8Gb

Upgrading Alienware M17x r2 from 4GB to 8Gb

I am using Alienware M17x-R2 with windows vista. My laptop is working absolutely fine by now I am looking to upgrade my laptop from 4GB to 8GB. But I want know about the up gradation. Does it make any difference with my laptop performance if I upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Please give me some suggestion regarding this. I really need information about it. Thank you in advance.

re: Upgrading Alienware M17x r2 from 4GB to 8Gb

I have read your query about RAM up gradation in your laptop. You can upgrade your laptop with 8GB RAM. But first of all I would like to tell you that you should go for up gradation according to your requirement and what kind of work you do in your laptop. If you are using your laptop for running professional software which requires high performance from your system then upgrading the RAM is advisable to you and it will also boost with some speed. So if you are using any software like that then you should upgrade the RAM.

I have read your post regarding the RAM upgrade. But I am not agreeing with above post. I have some different things in my mind. If you are going to upgrade the RAM from 4gb to 8 gb then you should understand one more thing that your processor have be upgraded according to that so that you can best performance from 8 GB Ram. If your processor is old and then you are trying to upgrade your RAM then it will not make any difference with the performance.

If you are not sure about the upgrading the RAM of your laptop and have doubts in your mind then I think you should do to the service center of your laptop company then ask there about upgrading the RAM of your laptop. After that they will check your laptop properly and they will tell you what to do with the RAM. If your laptop is capable to upgrade the RAM then they will tell you to upgrade. They will also tell you with which RAM you should go for.

muster Guest

thank you for helping me. After reading your all post I have decided to go for RAM upgrade. Because my friend was having the same laptop and he has done the upgrade and the laptop is working fine. He is not facing any issues with his laptop. So I am thinking for upgrade my RAM too. So all of your ideas and information really helped me. And I got all the information which I needed. Now I don’t have any doubts in my mind. Thank you once again.