Thread: The HP Pavilion dv8225nr would not recognize my SD card

The HP Pavilion dv8225nr would not recognize my SD card

I am using windows 7 on mine The Pavilion dv8225nr system. Before that I am using the windows vista on mine system and after that I have installed the windows 7 on mine system. Everything on the system works fines without any issue but from last one week I have small issue on mine system. Last night I have put in the SD card to take mine private documents and other thing but after connecting SD card mine system won’t detect the SD card. When I plug in the card I have got the message saying that SD card not recognized. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

re: The HP Pavilion dv8225nr would not recognize my SD card

I'm not sure why Windows 7 will not show AutoPlay, but I can help you get back. As you said, you can see on my computer. Simply right-click the device and go to Properties. Make hit on the AutoPlay tab and after that choose each item from the dropdown list and the action to perform, choose "Take no action" to stop Autorun, or choose the proper action to obtain if enabling Autorun. Once this is done and after that make select on the OK and try to connect the device. I hope it wills autoplay.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I think your device manger won’t detect the device and so therefore you’re getting this issue. To solve this make click on the start icon and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type devmgmt.msc and after that make click on the ok button. Now find the device name. It may happen that the device is hidden because they are not able to see. Then click Show hidden devices under the view. Expand all nominations in Device Manager, you will find some entries in gray to be uninstall and then reboot and check the connection from the card reader

I have same issue on mine system as well and I have upgraded mine operating system to solve this issue. As you said that you have upgraded your system and this seems to be the problem with drivers for Windows 7 itself and in fact, despite Windows 7 drivers installed properly. To be in conflict with the new drivers and I would like to suggest you to upgrade your windows and so that you can solve your issue. By doing this you are issues will get solved and I hope this will help you.

According to me you need to update your drivers and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you need to follow the below steps: first close the all program on your system and after that make click on the start and after that go to the run program. Now on the run program type the devmgmt.msc and after that hit the ok button. Now on the device manger you will get the option to update driver. Now make click on the update driver button and after that you will different link to update and after that make hit anyone and after that follow the steps given in the installation wizards. Now once you finish the updating and after that restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Re: The HP Pavilion dv8225nr would not recognize my SD card

USB port to which you are connecting your Card reader could also be the problem as there could be some problem internally from the USB port on which you are using your Card Reader. I suggest you to try using all the usb ports on your computer system and check that on all the ports you are getting the same results or not. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.