Thread: Sony Ericsson Elm is unable to find secure connection over Wi-Fi or GPRS

Sony Ericsson Elm is unable to find secure connection over Wi-Fi or GPRS

i am having Sony Ericsson Elm. From yesterday night i have noticed that the phone of mine is unable to connect with the secure connection. I am unable to download email by using the inbuilt email system which is provided into hand set. I have tried with Wi-Fi as well as GPRS but it did not working at all. i am able to use the phone of mine as a modem while i am connected to the computer. So let me know if you are having the same problem like me and also possible solution to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Sony Ericsson Elm is unable to find secure connection over Wi-Fi or GPRS

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here i want to know some more information regarding the problem which you are getting and the steps which you have done to resolve the same? it is asking for the password when you are trying to connect with the same? Do you have setup router with using the MAC filtering? Do you have entering the password correctly? I am suspecting that you are making mistakes while entering the password when you are trying to connect over the secure network. Also see that SSID is disabled or not. answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

In this particular situation i am suggesting that you should do a Master Reset on the hand set and see whether it is working or not.
    1. You should go for Menu and then go for Settings. Into Settings menu you should go for General search for the option Master Reset.
    2. You have to choose Reset All and again Select Reset.
    3. Once the process is completed the phone would be reset to the default factory settings and your phone would restart.
    4. Make sure that you should backup the data before doing Master reset because you will loose all the data which you have stored on the phone memory. After finishing with same you can restore the backup on the phone memory.

I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is being happening due to settings which you have installed on the device of yours. i am suggesting that you should contact the Network Service provider through hotline and get verified yourself. And tell them to provide the settings. You should install the settings on the phone and see whether it is working or not. Also you can try with different network provider and see whether it is working or not. it will help you to figure out whether there is an issue with the device or network provider which you are using.

The problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to firmware of the device of yours. Well i recommend that you should update the phone of yours with the latest version of the firmware. You should backup the data which you are having on the phone memory why because the data would be being erased after finishing with the firmware upgrading process. once the process is finished you should restore the back up on the phone memory.

The problem which you have mentioned over here might be happening due to hardware issue. So i recommend that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Also you should see that the phone of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will void the service warranty. Also you should carry all the purchase information and invoice while claiming for the service warranty.