Thread: 3G alert appears continuously in Nokia E72

3G alert appears continuously in Nokia E72

Whenever I am in a area where there is no service then the 3G icon does appear in the screen of the phone and what to say it does not go w\away at all because of which I am unable to make any call or do anything other stuff from it so I am totally clueless on what to do in order to remove the 3G sign from the mobile. The solution that I try out is the switching off the phone and then starting it again. So that’s what I do but that’s a temporary solution for me, what should I do next? Can you all suggest me something else.

Re: 3G alert appears continuously in Nokia E72

So if you are not using the 3G mode not that frequently then it is better to switch off the UMTS mode and the next si to switch to the GSM Mode only so in order to do that you will have to go to the settings and from there to the phone, network, network mode and then GSM mode. I think that will do the trick for your mobile, the 3G icon will not at all appear in the screen. So I hope you have got enough information on it. Do the necessary changes in it as I have said I hope it was informative for you.

Ok, thanks for the solution by the way I want to ask you one question and the question is that for which mobile does this solution work? Because I cannot find such option in my mobile. Sorry if I am being a bit rude but I seriously cannot find such option in my nokia E72 so can you suggest me some other alternate e solution for me so that I can solve the problem, this suggestion really did not help me. So I am expecting that you will suggest me something else.

Well that’s the only method that you can try if you need to get the 3G connection removed from the phone perhaps I think in your case the control panel must have been shifted to the different folder and hence you are unable to find it. The suggestion which is specified in the solution 1 is the perfect one and I think that’s the perfect one to try out, so that’s what I have to say here check out for the control panel folder in some different locations and if you get it then try the above method it will work believe me.

Ok thanks for suggesting about that I was really not aware of that so thanks for making em aware of that thanks a lot for making me aware of that I am really very much happy with the response that you have given here. You all have calmly listened to my problem and it has finally sorted out the issue for me, so thanks a lot for that. I was hoping that you all would find some trick for my problem and you all have done that.