Thread: Graphic card unable to work on Dell Alienware Aurora M9700

Graphic card unable to work on Dell Alienware Aurora M9700

I have a Dell Alienware Aurora M9700 laptop with dual 512MB Geforce7900G with me.I would tell you that I have nine lines that appear from top to bottom of my laptop screen and now today there is a thick wide band line again top to bottom of my screen. What I did was that I have been tried to contact Alienware but there was no response from them. So can you tell me what I need to do to solve the problem that is being faced by me.

Re: Graphic card unable to work on Dell Alienware Aurora M9700

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I did get your question properly.What I mean to say is that is your graphics cards on the way out or is it the screen that is causing the problem. Also I would say that I do not believe if I tried it on an external monitor and see that everything is fine with you or not. Also I will say that with the external monitor then there would be problems with your LCD.

I think that you need to have a look at the graphic card that you are using and see that whether it works fine or not.You just need to check the graphic card and see if there are issues with it.If you certainly found some issues with it then I am sure that you need to change the graphic card and get a new one immediately.So this is what you need to do to solve the issue.If this one doesn’t work for you then you might switch on to the previous solution that is being given and I am sure that this will be of use to you.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that I am really happy with the prompt replies that you have provided. I will say that I have been really impressed with the solutions and I have a feeling that once I use them then there wont be any issues with it. Also if I come under any kind of issues while working with it then I am sure that I will get back to you .So please do help me in such situation. So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided.