Thread: Video Card Upgrade for Dell Alienware M7700

Video Card Upgrade for Dell Alienware M7700

I have got the Dell Alienware M7700 with me and I would say that this has been a very good buy for me and I just love using it. Now the thing is that it has a 3.8 GHZ P4 and has a 3 GBS of ram along with the dual 100 GB Hard drives and a 6800 Ultra video card. The issue with me is that I was very curious to know if the video card could be swapped for a mobile version of the 7800 or 7900.Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Video Card Upgrade for Dell Alienware M7700

I feel that you need to upgrade your laptop and that is what you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing. Also along with that you have to remember that you need to also install another video card which will be required for a motherboard v6.1 or newer. Along with that you will also need the 220w power supply rather than 180w.So these are the requirements that you will have to be ready with to accomplish the job that is required for the Video Card Upgrade.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that I just went through it. Also I would say that I will work on it immediately and then hope that this will work for me.I will definitely use the requirements that are there to solve the problem that I am facing and hope to solve the issue. Also if there is any kind of problem while solving the issue then I will definitely get back to you to again so that you can help me to get away with this one.

I guess that you can find the card on ebay in case if you don’t get it anywhere and I am sure that this will help you. Also I would say that this possibly is what is needed and then you just want to make sure it could be upgraded before you search it again.But apart from that I guess that the solutions that is begin provided in some previous solutions will definitely be handy to you and will help you to get away with the issue.