Thread: Toshiba Satellite P200 won't boot up

Toshiba Satellite P200 won't boot up

I am having an issue with the Toshiba Satellite P200 which is not booting up. Every time i am starting it got stuck up on Windows Boot Manager and displaying error message:

Code:
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
    1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click ‘next’.
    3. Click ‘ repair your computer’.
    If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manuafacturer for assistance.
    File: \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
    Info: windows failed to load because the kernel is missing, or corrupt

I am unable to resolve the issue. If any one can then let me know the same.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P200 won't boot up

First let me know whether you have tried to start then computer into the safe mode or not. If you are able to get into the safe mode then log in as administrator account and after that just perform the system restore to the day the computer was booting properly. So perform the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not.

If you are unable to get into the Safe Mode then it is possible that the File System might be got corrupted. If you are having the Windows installation disc then install the same and perform the system repair with the same which will repair the windows files system and might be you are able to work with the same.

If you are using the Windows Vista and getting this error then let me tell you that most of the user of the Windows Vista and Windows 7 are getting this problem. To work with the issue i will advise you to go with the below given link which will help you for same.
    WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER problem
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1347644.htm
    Windows Vista fails to boot up

I was also having the same issue as you are going through and i have lots of method to run my system alive but failed. Then i have reinstalled the Window Vista with clean install and the system started running. So advising you also to perform the clean install to get rid of the issue. I hope that performing the same will help you to resolve the issue.

First of all thank for the quick response regarding the issue of mine which was unexpected. I have gone through all the above replies and try the suggestion but let me tell you that nothing worked for me. I have finally decided to reinstall the Windows on my system but worried whether i should lost my data. So if any one is having knowledge regarding the taking backup of the data then please let me know.

There are lots of option for performing the back up of the hard drive. But let me tell you the one which i [prefer the most. Just install the ubuntu operating system into the Hard drive and then start the computer with the same. And take the back up. Also you can try to remove the hard drive and connect to any other computer

hi i have the p300 and wont start it only gets to toshiba screen and thats it and then cut out mode also brought repair disc for vista and it gave me option to repair computer which i did and says it couldn't find a problem tried also restore. all options on repair disc plzzz help

hi i have the p300 and wont start it only gets to toshiba screen and thats it and then cut out mode also brought repair disc for vista and it gave me option to repair computer which i did and says it couldn't find a problem tried also restore. all options on repair disc plzzz help
    As you say you have windows vista and you tried system restore. So here one option is also there, just switch the computer on and right away push and hold the F8 key. On the Advanced Boot Options menu, attempt the options obtainable. If they don't work, select Repair Your Computer. While you reach the System Recovery Options menu, select Startup Repair. This will solve your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BansiJ View Post
    As you say you have windows vista and you tried system restore. So here one option is also there, just switch the computer on and right away push and hold the F8 key. On the Advanced Boot Options menu, attempt the options obtainable. If they don't work, select Repair Your Computer. While you reach the System Recovery Options menu, select Startup Repair. This will solve your issue.
    hi thx for the help but F8 does not seem to work tried that