Thread: Unable to install Facebook app on BlackBerry Bold Torch 9930/9900

Unable to install Facebook app on BlackBerry Bold Torch 9930/9900

Well I am using the BlackBerry Bold Torch 9930 mobile phone from last two days and it really doing well and serving me the best but the only thing that is worrying me here is that whenever I am trying to install the Facebook application on the phone then I am not able to do the same I mean when I am trying to install that particular application then it is now allowing me to do the same so please help me in this case and let me know what I need to do to get rid of the problem.

Re: Unable to install Facebook app on BlackBerry Bold Torch 9930/9900

The first thing that I want to know here is that the application which you are trying to install on the phone is the official one I mean you have downloaded the same from an authorized site and if it si not then you will definitely face some errors like installation failure or application not supported etc. so get rid of this issue I want you to download the application from the official site and then install the same on your phone I am sure that once the same is downloaded from the official site then you will not face any issues what so ever.

What I want you to do here is that just try and check the compatibility of the application that you want on your system. I am sure that once the application is not installed then it must be having some problems associated with it. So now what you have to here is that just try and check whether the application which you are trying to install is the compatible version for the phone. I hope that you are getting my point.

Of the applications are not installed on the mobile phone then there is the issue with either the phone or the application itself. Now I want you to just visit the official blackberry site and then there you will find the app store for blackberry phones and then you have to find the one for you and then download it on the phone that you are using and then install the same on your system. I hope that doing the same will help you to get rid of the problem.

I solved my problem Facebook as follows: [Note these settings are valid if you are using an Orange network]
    • In "Options> Advanced Options> TCP / IP" I put the following parameter
    • APN orange.fr - Authentication enabled - user and password: orange
    • Call it adds orange to service your account (free) called browser or browsing. it is another browser (other than "orange world" or "Browser public access points" already present in your browser options.
    • We must do a hard reboot (remove battery)
    • Go into the browser and pressing the menu button (button with e logo blackberry) and then go to Options> Browser Configuration> browser and there you could choose the new browser called "browser"
    • You register and you do the same thing in general property> default browser, and you also save.
    • You can run your Facebook application and Enjoy