Thread: How to secure external USB drive if it stolen

How to secure external USB drive if it stolen

Hello, I want to secure external USB drive which holds the entire backup of all laptop data. I had bought Kingston pen drive and it is 8GB memory size. I want to secure this drive from external user. If there is any possibility that the USB drive is stolen then I need some security issue that help to protect the data present in this USB drive. Is there any software application present to do this operation? If anyone have knowledge about it then please share it.

Re: How to secure external USB drive if it stolen

I also faced the same kind of trouble and in that time I read some article. Then I realized that the IronKey will provide such kind of facility. This IronKey is to be Internet Security and Privacy Company which provide the latest version. They are IronKey S200 and IronKey D200 and they help to secure external USB drive. I think you need to install this application. These applications help you to solve the trouble and then the USB drive is secure from the unauthorized user.

Hey, maybe you don’t know but the inbuilt facility present in the Linux operating system which helps to secure the data present in the external USB drive. This operating system provides the facility to assign the access permission to the external USB drive. You can refer the manual of the Linux OS and it helps you to understand the number of commands present in this operating system which helps to assign the access permission to the USB drive.

Hey dude, the Kingston pen drive you bought is very reliable and I must tell you that the encryption is built inside this USB drive and it almost 100% safe. If you have doubt about it then you can check the Kingston web site. In that web site the product specification section has explain that this hardware provide inbuilt security. This is the special kind of feature present in this USB drive and it helps you to secure the data present in this drive.

I also faced the same kind of trouble and want some solution that helps to provide security to the USB drive. Then I read some article and visit Microsoft web site. It helps to understand the number of solutions present over this trouble. Then I try to follow this solution but I not get success. Then I realized that the NTFS will provide the facility to assign access permission to the external pen drive. I do this and then finally it helps me to solve the trouble.