Thread: Nokia E71 camera error (camera is in use by another application)

Nokia E71 camera error (camera is in use by another application)

I am using Nokia cell phone and the model is E71. There are some issues regarding the camera of my cell phone. Whenever I try to use the camera, it gives some unexpected error i.e. Camera is already used my some other application which is running. I don’t know which application is using my camera and this is first time it is causing problem. I want to use my camera so is there any solution to fix this problem?

Re: Nokia E71 camera error (camera is in use by another application)

You may have heard of house key/button. It is basically a key present in many phones & also your phone has it which opens up the menu after pressing it once. When you hold that key continuously for some 2-3 seconds, a menu appears which shows all the programs which you have used and you didn’t closed them after using which are still running in the background. Just close those programs which are unnecessarily opened because any programs have been using your camera. Just try this out.

Look, there are certain software’s which might be using your camera and thus it may not be allowing you to use your camera. Have you downloaded any new application for your E71 from the internet? If yes, then just uninstall them because many newer applications which came into the market use other applications. After you have uninstalled your applications, restart your phone and see whether you are able to use your camera.

Possibly, home screen can also cause this problem. If you are not able to close the home screen it’s OK. This can be solved. Just switch off your phone, remove the battery from your phone and insert it again after few seconds. Than Open your camera and see if it’s working or not and if not, go to factory settings and restore all of them by using the code *#7780#. This will help you to restore all your settings to the default mode. Now check your camera again.

Have you ever heard of hard resetting? It is equivalently to format but the only difference is that in hard reset, it will remove all the data present in your phone and will bring your phone back to the normal mode as it was before when you bought it. To hard reset your phone, enter a code i.e. *#7370#. Also you don’t need to worry about your data, I know it will be deleted but I think you may have kept a backup. This will solve your problem.

Camera problems are sometimes unable to find out. There can be several reasons which create problems for camera unable to open. Uninstalling Downloaded programs, hard resetting, closing unnecessary running applications are several solutions which help your camera to work. But if the problem still persists, it is definitely the fault of camera and for this, you must go to he Nokia gallery and they will definitely solve your problem.