Thread: OVI Maps Connection Timeout in Nokia X6?

OVI Maps Connection Timeout in Nokia X6?

I am using Nokia X6 from last 3 months and I have this problem of connection timeout in ovi maps, I am trying for about last 3 hours to update the maps but get the same message always. I am tired of trying, have done all possible solutions that I could have done so please help me about the problem and give me a proper and helpful solution that I could use to get rid of the above problem

Re: OVI Maps Connection Timeout in Nokia X6?

I guess the problem is because of release of the new map data 0.2.41.123 for OVI Maps v3.06Beta putting extra pressure on the server. so exiting OVI Suite and starting it again will help. New maps are definitely larger so it will cause issues in accessing them. If any other solutions are available then I will provide it as soon as possible.

I am also facing the same problems on my Nokia 5800 with the latest versions of OVI, Its very hectic and tiring job giving Nokia support details regarding the version number, phone type, firmware. I guess the problem is the maps server being getting overloaded. Nokia support are not willing to do a simple test of connecting with the server and see why it is slow. They are only asking me the model number, software version. I am tired giving them the details about it, so if any other suggestions are available, they are welcomed.

Well I can help you for the Nokia 5800 connection time out problems. From my experience, the Ovi Maps v3.04 works on Nokia 5800 Software version 50.0.005. Try installing an older version of the Ovi Suite because the new version is causing the problem. Download an older version of ovi maps from related sites and then try doing it, after you have done this thing and if you meet any problems then do tell it me.

I tried everything from uninstalling, reinstalling an older version of ovi, the One thing i noticed on Nokia site is that Map's new version works only with OS^3 phones. So its causing problems to the other phones not having the OS^3
    Map navigation worked perfectly on my NOKIA E52. i tried updating the maps using OVI's latest version and then It deleted old maps on my phone and when I tried installing new maps, it shows error of server connection timeout