Thread: Unable to work with Ovi maps application on Nokia X6

Unable to work with Ovi maps application on Nokia X6

After spending much time on maps of sheep (trying to get it working again) I thought I would post here. My problem is the following, which originally had maps working on top of my X6 for regarding 10 days, had installed maps of Europe and Malaysia. At the moment I be acquainted with that some mapping had 1.3 installed and this had a license for 10 days, I have installed 3.04 and when I open the map application which can be opened and closed! I did several searching on the Internet and endeavor several things, delete the file folder of cities and the QF file, reconnect to the PC and opens Ovi Suite, the list of towns are rebuilt, but not the file QF?

Re: Unable to work with Ovi maps application on Nokia X6

Hello I am facing exactly the same problem with my Nokia X6. I found / saw the installation of the maps 3.04 and every time it articulates successful, however as soon as I try to open it presently closes immediately and the device say no application installed. I had a look at the applications installed on the device Ovi Maps and say its there. The additional strange thing is that ovi maps are installed on top of the D drive, somewhere as all other application on top of the C drive?

Did you attempt loading a number of map data? The qf file supposed to be created immediately you have several map data saved on top of your phone. Consequently just to summarize, you have to delete the Cities folder and qf file, endeavor starting maps formerly, and after that connect to OVI Suite, and from there download map data, and try it for another time. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. If you still facing some problem then go to the official site of OVI there you will found the solution thank you.

Hi thanks for your reply. Tried again (cities eliminated, etc) and tried to download the maps. Says installed but when I open the application on your phone just open / close - only flashes on the screen. Folder is created in cities, but not the QF file! When I try to open a saved favorite says there is no application installed to open this. Also, when I open the maps of sheep on the web and the phone is connected, no maps available. I try to drag and drop the phone says that Europe and nothing. I cannot expand the maps to the list, even countries? This really has me frustrated, because I was working very well. I checked the GPS and I am able to get a satellite connection.

Hello your problem is so frustrating but still I hope that we can solve it quickly. It possibly will be worth to trying to reinstall the whole thing all over another time. Now try this settings I hope at least this will help you. You have to Uninstall Nokia Maps and in addition you have to delete the Cities folder and please delete the qf file and initiate from scratch. If this does not effort, you possibly will have to endeavor a hard reset of your phone. Thank you.

Thanks again for your reply I tried your settings but still cannot solve this problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, however still not working. I even tried an earlier version of Ovi Maps, although nothing. Even when installed maps of cities ovi a folder is created but no file QF? In addition as talk about, as soon as I look at the file Ovi Maps resting on the phone that articulate the D drive? No partition D on top of the phone. I endeavor a factory reset, however this did not anything - have either a hard / soft reset have to be done or an image for another time.

Hello some day before I was facing this same problem but I solved it. I restart my phone; in addition I took battery, etc and restarted, observed during the last hour and now the message "system error" up. Set the positioning methods and can now make several changes to the GPS. There are still a couple of applications / programs / games that are missing, but I can live with that. I have backups of these you can manually add back in. I am sure that it will work for you. Please try this and let me know its working for you or not. Thank you.

i have a c6 and am facing the same problem. some forums have suggested that i install the older version of ovi suite i.e 2.1.1.1 which is supposed to worh. however i am not able to find the ver 2.1.1.1 any link for older version leads back to the latest ovi suite. please advise where i can get the older version

Quote Originally Posted by kravi64 View Post
    i have a c6 and am facing the same problem. some forums have suggested that i install the older version of ovi suite i.e 2.1.1.1 which is supposed to worh. however i am not able to find the ver 2.1.1.1 any link for older version leads back to the latest ovi suite. please advise where i can get the older version
    You have Nokia C6 mobile phone with you and not the Nokia X6 which is a different model than you have describe? Is your mobile phone full touch or is it a slider phone. In any case download the ovi maps for your mobile phone from here - http://store.ovi.com/content/100493. Just set the device that you have and download it from there. Or directly download the sis file from here, note that you will have to register first to get the direct sis file download.