Thread: Unable to Connect to N80 with Nokia ovi suite

Unable to Connect to N80 with Nokia ovi suite

Hello friends I am using nokia N80. I am using the OVI suite in my computer with windows 7. But whenever I connect my mobile device with my computer it gives me the error saying that generic error in notification. If I keep it connected with my computer then after sometime it will give the message saying that failed to connect device. Because of that I am not able to transfer my files with the computer. Please suggest me some solution to solve this problem. If you have any idea regarding this problem then please let me know.

Re: Unable to Connect to N80 with Nokia ovi suite

I have gone through your issue and after analyzing your issue I suggest you to first check your USB drives are working perfectly or not? Try to insert any other pen drive or try to connect the other device. If other device is working fine then I think there is something wrong with your mobile phone. And if other devices also not connecting then you have reinstall the USB drivers again. Try this things I hope this after doing that you will be able to connect the mobile with your computer. If you find any difficulties after doing this then please let me know.

If you are not able to connect your mobile with your computer then I have one solution for that.
    • First you have to disconnect the device from your laptop then open the control panel.
    • After that click on the add/remove programs. And then select the nokia connectivity cable driver option.
    • When you select that you will find two options there. CHANGE and REMOVE.
    • Now select the change option and repair those drivers.
    • Once it gets repaired after that restarts your computer.
    • Now connect your mobile with the computer and it will automatically install the drivers.

After the installation is complete you will be able to use the nokia OVI suite normally.

I was also having the same problem with my mobile. I was also using the nokia device and my computer was not connecting with the mobile device. After that I found that there was problem with modem driver. Due to modem driver’s was not able to connect my device with the computer. After that I installed the nokia modem driver and after that all the things are working fine. So suggest you to download that driver and then connect your device with your computer. After that your computer will not give any problem. And you will be able to connect the mobile with OVI suite.

If you are unable to find the modem driver then I will help you with it. To download the nokia cable driver you need to click here NOKIA CABLE DRIVER after downloading that install it in your computer. After installing that it will not give any message while connoting the mobile phone with the computer. Just try these drivers and let me know whether it is working or not. If you still find any difficulties after that then please let me know. So I can provide you some better solution.