Thread: Need windows XP driver on Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX

Need windows XP driver on Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX

I purchased the Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX and I have installed the windows XP under that. Everything on the system works fine without any issue and don’t have any issue. Now I need a driver for the Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX notebook. I have tried so much to download but I didn’t have the any driver under that. Now I don’t how to download the driver. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can download the appropriated driver on mine notebook. Please help me on this and thanks in advance.

Re: Need windows XP driver on Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX

I have faced the same issue on mine notebook as well and I have tried lots of suggestion but none of them helped me to solve mine issue. Finally mine friend suggested me to update mine operating system and so that I can solve mine issue. I have tried to update and after that mine issue was get solved. So therefore I would like to suggest you to update your operating system and so that you can solve your issue, I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. When you purchase the Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX you will get the driver utility cd and by using with this you can solve your issue. to do this first you need to insert driver utility cd on your CD-ROM and after that you will get the autoplay option and now just hit on that and after that find the driver and after that install it on your system. Once you finish the installing and after that you need to restart your system and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

Hello thanks for replying and I would like to be thankful for your suggestion as you said that I need to use the driver utility cd but I don’t have that CD. When I purchase the Compaq Presario CQ42-268TX I have got the CD but now it was not working and I am not getting this CD. I have tried lots time to get the CD but it doesn’t helped. Can anyone suggest me how can download the driver without having the driver utility cd. Please help me on this.

I would like to suggest you to download the driver manually from the device manger and so that you can solve your issue. To do this goes through the following steps: first close the all application and after that make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run program type devmgmt.msc and after that hit the ok button. Now on the device manger make hit on the update driver button. Now once you make hit on this you will get the different link on that to download and after that install all drivers and after that go through your issue.

I would suggest you to contact the HP Customer Support Office and after passing through the problem. You can also visit Toshiba's Web site and then you can also solve the problem. You can also contact the HP Web site for the driver. To do these go to the official website of HP and then go to the section of software and device. Now in the section type the model number of HP and then we hit the download. Now, once you finish this, go through all the steps on the website. Hope this helps.