Thread: Unable to disable time-out for backlight in Nokia C6-01?

Unable to disable time-out for backlight in Nokia C6-01?

Hi I have the Nokia C6.01 for more than a week and I am pleased with its all applications. What I dislike despite the fact that there is not any option to disable the backlight timeout. At least, there look like to be there? I am able to set a time limit for the backlight for the unreasonably short time of 60 seconds and that's not actually useful at all as soon as using a map, for case in point, where you wish for to perceive things in a momentary look. What you think about it. Please reply.

re: Unable to disable time-out for backlight in Nokia C6-01?

Hello I am using this same mobile phone and according to my experience with this phone please check within maps program settings there is a selection for the backlight overriding the setting you talk about. In the company of maps you want include troubles. Is there some other reason you would like the backlight on? Apart from harming the surroundings? I hope this will help you but still reply for my question so I can make it clear with another reply. Thank you.

Hi thanks for your reply. But that's just for standard maps Ovi. Nowhere has the option of disabling the timeout backlight altogether? And yes, the reason is that since most of us I like to see at a glance what is happening. After all, is a smart phone where I see things and not have something tab or click to activate the backlight? For example, when using the AR Layar appplication. It works great, but very irritating than the backlight off after 60 seconds. Appropriate to that the application (which works immense itself) lost usability plenty. And if I was concerned about the environment, I would have bought a phone like this in the first place in the manufacture of the phone it is bad enough.

This will help you to understand it appropriately; possibly there is an app for this thing other than I recommend you do not perform that. Your battery will drain excessively quickly. You’ll obtain only just 18 hours standby time. This not fairly a mobile phone don't you imagine? Nevertheless it’s up to you to make use of it pleases you. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you still want to know something else about it then post back I will reply you for that. Thank you.

Well I believe you have make an effort with a few other path or setting to modify the time out used for the backlight, here’s the technique to modify the time out used for the backlight of Nokia C6. initially you have to go to the “Menu” of Nokia C6 and after that inside “Settings” you have to select the “Phone” option and subsequently inside ”Display” you have to go to the “Light time out” and from there set the time you wish for for the light time out. This is the simply technique to modify the “Settings” of backlight I don’t imagine you are able to perform it by the Ovi suite.

You possibly will also insist this characteristic from symbian community. You are capable of to E-mail them and inquire for this characteristic as a result they comprise it to a number of later fw update. In addition I also fail to remember to talk about that AMOLED screens make use of no power as soon as displaying black color (simply black not close to black colors). As a result you be able to make use of a black theme-wallpaper to enlarge battery life while the backlight is on. I hope this will help you to understand your issue. If you find any other solution then share your ideas with us. Thank you.

Re: Unable to disable time-out for backlight in Nokia C6-01?

According to me it’s not a big problem this will happen through all the handsets of Nokia C6; I comprise searched regarding it on the internet and I establish that the majority of the consumer have posted this query. And according to me solution is, if you will position the time underneath 1mintue after that cell going to believe it as 0 seconds yet if you position it to 30 or 10 seconds. Consequently the simply explanation is you have to position it 1 minute subsequently the backlight will go off following 1minute. I expect that Nokia will crack this problem within it’s subsequently update.