Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2011

Nokia E71: unable to transfer multimedia for Mac

Last week I purchased nokia E7. But I have problem with this phone regarding multimedia transfer problem for Mac. When I connect the phone to my Mac, Nokia multimedia 1.4.2 does not see / detect the phone. If I switch the phone to another form of connection, for example, mass storage, then I receive a warning that my Nokia e7 is connected in a way that is incompatible with NMT. Unnecessary to say, the same problem occurs with Map Loader. I tried the whole thing recommended elsewhere in the forums. I updated the E7 firmware to the latest version. I switched off and restarted the phone and my computer a number of times.
Old 08-05-2011

re: Nokia E71: unable to transfer multimedia for Mac

According to me as I know you rightly pointed out, you have installed the plug-in ISync before installing and running NMT. As a matter of fact, my Macbook Air and my phone after stopping at any time synchronize NMT run. Actually, if you are running NMT, I end up having to remove and reinstall the plug-in for iSync. In case this it was a problem with my Macbook, my brother Nokia e7 paired with my Macbook Pro, but exactly the same thing has happened. So I am trying to get the solution in this problem. This problem I’ll tell you very soon.
Old 08-05-2011

Well, there is not a major problem. Just fallow some steps which I am going to tell you. First thing you uninstall your older version NMT softerware then re-install it again then after this reset your settings of you phone. And then paired with your macbook. If you don’t have the latest version software then you can download online. And very necessary thing you can read the manual online regarding this problem. May be your problem would be solve. If this problem still exist then you will contact the nokia service center.
Old 08-05-2011

As in my knowledge that Nokia tried once to resolve properly to connect to the Mac, but Apple wanted to solve this problem themselves. Not quite sure about this, but I believe that it was private somehow on PC at the time. At least I think that Nokia is working on Ovi Suite for Mac, and there is a beta version of Nokia software update to Mac, so things seem better. Anyway, I'll do fine with a simple drag and drop and that's what I've always used the media to my PC with Windows. But in fact it would be nice to have a very good sync function. So you can solve your problem with it. I am suggesting you that you should be update nokia E7 software.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,