Thread: what is new in symbian anna ?

what is new in symbian anna ?

there where rumors about a new version of symbian operating system for nokia devices and now that we all know that its real and available in the market. the E6 and x7 are the nokia's latest addition to their new symbian anna line up. there is also a limited edition red n8 which are now available with symbian anna out of the box. still i have not been able to get my hands on any devices and do not have any idea as to what kind of changes have been made to the operating system. please shed some light over the new symbian anna.

Re: what is new in symbian anna ?

the new symbian anna seems a lot similar as its predecessors.thought there are many differences between the looks as compared to Symbian ^3. the icons look quite different in the menu and are very appealing when compared to the older one. the software seems much swift and smoother in performance and adds a cool feel to its use. the new user interface has really created a buzz for the nokia user.

it is really awesome when you come to think of it i own a nokia n8 and ever since came to know about the new operating system , have been waiting for the updates to show up for my device i am quite happy with my nokia n8 as it is but the symbian anna may be able to boost the performance and that is really necessary for my device. ever since nokia had announced the new symbain anna for its other devices i have been waiting for the updates to show up on my ovi updater.

symbian anna is also known as PR2 and has some incredible new feature added to it the ovi maps have been updated and made even better than before.thanks to NAVTEQ Maps and Traffic it now works with out any data incorporation. the devices just use the satellite global navigation system for pin pointing the current location. and it is very efficient in doing so there is no need for any downloads from the web for the gps to work and i am quite happy using it.

i own the new x7 and i am very happy with its over all metallic look and the best built quality. there are many changes in the system but the best update has been made to the browser of the phone and now it is smoother and better then the old one it supports flash and the pages render quite fast. i am impressed with the fact that nokia was able to come up with a new oprating system so early after symbian ^3.