Thread: Unable to upgrade to Opera mini 6 in Nokia C3-01

Unable to upgrade to Opera mini 6 in Nokia C3-01

I am having nokia C3-01 and I am using the opera mini 5 browser in my phone. I was thinking to use the opera mini browser 6 in my phone so for that I did a switch to the new version of the firmware i.e.V6.01. I noticed that even after upgrading to the new version of the firmware still I was not able to get the opera mini 6 browser for my phone, so I need some ways b which I would be able to get the opera mini 6 browser in my phone. So how can I be able to do that? Any ideas then please do share it with me.

Re: Unable to upgrade to Opera mini 6 in Nokia C3-01

So what? Download it from the official website of opera. You will be able to get directly from there it is not necessary that you will get the browser by upgrading. So that’s such a easy task why need to make a topic on that, if you don’t want to do that then wait for the next version to come up with the latest version of the opera mini browser. So I think that’s the perfect solution that I can give it to you, so I hope you have got the necessary answer for the problem.

Thanks for your response but let me tell you that nokia c3-01 is not in the list of OPERA MOBILE STORE. The downloadable file that they give is of the jad file format and hence that type of file does not get installed in the device, so that’s what the problem actually is. Even I know how to download it from the opera mobile store but still this is what the restriction that I have with my present mobile and hence I have to live with it. So can you all give me some other suggestions for the problem so that I can have a look at it.

Ok fine then the next option is to check it from the ovi store in your phone, do search for the browser in the ovi store and you might be able to get the necessary browser that you were looking for, so if you are not getting it from the opera mobile store then the ovi store is the best place to search in for the necessary browser. So start searching there who knows you might get something from there, in case if you are able to get it then do not forget to revert back to us whether you have got the necessary solution or not.

Yes I did ty there as well but on searching for the necessary browser the message I got in the ovi store is that Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia C3-01. I have tried with that method as well, so finally two of the above suggested methods given by you all did not work for me, so what next do you all have to suggest for me. Please do specify ok, so that I can get to know. If possible do reply it fast as soon as possible.

Ok, then if that is the case then I advice you to get the jar file format of opera browser. You will get that downloadable link from the getjar website. So do not forget to check out that website, see if that helps or not, I am sure it will be of good help for you, so go ahead and have a look at it. I have personally checked the website and was amazed to find the jar file format of the opera mini browser and that too version 6 which you were looking for. So that’s when I thought of posting this suggestion here, hope you liked it.

Ok that was something great from your side that really sorted out the issue for me, yes I did have a check with the website and was amazed to find the jar file format. How come I did not knew about that so thanks for informing me about that really thanks buddy for the solution I will download it as soon as possible. I would like to appreciate your efforts for solving the issue for me so thanks a lot for that.