Thread: OVI store stopped working after the update in Nokia E63

OVI store stopped working after the update in Nokia E63

Hello guys, I am writing here today with lots of hopes. I have recently bought new Nokia E63, this cell phone has the wireless connectivity, as my home is Wi-Fi zone, I use internet from there only. I was downloading music from OVI stores at that time I came to know that there is some error in OVI stores. I updated it but I am not finding that it is working for me. so guys please help me with this matter, I don’t want to lose my cell phone. Every single solution is highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

re: OVI store stopped working after the update in Nokia E63

Hello I have gone through to your problem and I have one solution for you. This solution has worked for me so as per my experience this will also work for you. I have also suffered from the same, when I was having the same problem I did following steps:

• Type *#7370# and pres ok
    • It will ask you for reset of the phone, press ok
    • It will ask for lock code, press 1 2 3 4
    • It will restore your phone and will delete your data from phone memory

So don’t forget to back up the data. All the best!

If above option is not working for you I have an alternative solution for you. You can also update your phone from nokia software update. Using this software your phone will suffer from hard reset and also it will install all the application again. You will have new firmware and OVI stores on your phone. If you will do this you will not have problem with OVI stores. Just try to use this step and don’t forget to back up the phone memory. Enjoy the technology

Hey I have gone through to your question and also I am completely agreed with above 2 posts. If above update and soft reset doesn’t work for you then you can use the default factory setting. Entering into the factory setting it will ask you for the code, after accepting code it will do the default factory setting to your mobile phone. It will take your phone factory packed setting and you will be able to use OVI stores. If it doesn’t work for you then you must show your phone to vendor. All the Best!

Hello friend for your kind support and solution in detail. I knew it that I will solve my problem on this forum only. I tried all above mention methods, the idea of *#7370# didn’t worked for me, instead of working, it has stopped my OVI store, after that I did hard reset , it worked for me but for 1 hour only after that I took the step of default factory setting and I got through to my problem. thanks a lot friends without you it was not possible.