Thread: OVI Suite unable to connect to Map server.

OVI Suite unable to connect to Map server.

Hello guys I am using a Nokia handset from a long time with OVI suite, it was working fine till the last week but now there is some issue with actually Ovi suite is unable to connect to the map server. I think it happened because I have recently installed the latest Nokia software update on my handset. And after that whenever I try to access the map it shows me the following message “Wait while retrieving the available maps...”. Please help,

Re: OVI Suite unable to connect to Map server.

Dude I am having same kind of problem with my Nokia N86, I am also having other issues with this handset but maps I need them most so that’s major issue for me. Guys can you tell how much time takes to load the maps I will try to wait for that much time but this thing need to be fixed on my handset as soon as possible otherwise I will have to buy another phone so guys if you have any solution or suggestion then please share.

Well this problem is solved for me, I am having Nokia 5230. I had the same issue on my handset. I use to get the message as above users “Wait while retrieving the available maps.”. I didn’t find any solution for this so I just tried both the Nokia PC Suite and the Nokia OVI suite and surprisingly it worked for me. Both should be running, in the Ovi suite maps were hidden behind the menus and in Nokia PC suite map was there.

To be frank dude that’s not the solution may be it worked for you but that’s not a proper solution I guess because even Nokia states that if you are having the Nokia Ovi suite then you don’t need the Nokia PC suite. But still I tried your solution and I got the same result i.e. “Wait while retrieving the available maps.”. Anyways dude thanks fo trying to help us out. But is there anyone who have got some different solution please share here.

It’s happening with all of you guys because you guys must have updated the Ovi suite through Nokia software installer. All the users are facing the same problem you has installed the latest version of OVI suite. So just install the older version of OVI suite and the problem will be solved because I had same issue I just downgraded the version of OVI suite and it worked for me. Hope it will also work for you guys as well. Just download Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1.

Hello guys first of all thank you for taking concern on my query and for reverting so quickly, I just followed the instructions you have said. First I uninstalled the latest OVI version from my Nokia N97 and then installed Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1 for my handset and installed and then I tried to open the map and this time everthing was working fine. So thank you guys for resolving this issue of my Nokia hand set.