Thread: Streaming error on Nokia 2690.

Streaming error on Nokia 2690.

At first, my Nokia 2690 was able to play all videos on YouTube and other websites. But a few days ago, has begun to give an error message "File format not supported" for almost all videos while streaming. I do not think there was anything wrong with the settings streaming because streaming is possible with some of the videos from the Internet. I use integrated into the Opera Mini browser that leads directly to the built-in music player for streaming. My phone software version is 10.10.

Re: Streaming error on Nokia 2690.

Well mate the simple answer to this may be that the flash content on websites you are visiting have been updated. As YouTube has been the updating of Flash 10 in recent months again and again, and I know the latest, for the phone its Flash Lite 3.1, which is equivalent to Flash 9. You'll have to wait to update Flash in order to hear again. If you prefer, you can download the application YouTube from Ovi suite so you can see the videos again from that particular site.

Other things you can try is update the operamini version if there is latest version because sometimes sites like Youtube changes the Flash version with upgrade in the browser. And while streaming the video first check whether the name of the video in .3gp format because some video hosting site doesn’t plays video on the 3gp format, that can be the reason because there are very few famous sites which plays videos in 3gp format.

Dude I will suggest you to use the other browser in place of Operamini because it has compatibility issues some time and because of that we are not able to stream and download the videos, you can use “boltbrowser” in place of Operamini, you can views videos from Youtube, MTV and other video hosting sites which have flash and HTML5 videos. This browser is quite and it has tabbed browsing as well like Opera so you can give it a try.

Hello guys thanks a lot for taking so much concern on my query, I was bit worried because I do lots of video streaming on my handset so these was big issue for me. And after reading above posts I have I tried all the solutions you guys have given and almost all worked for me I just upgraded the Operamini and the problem was solved but I have also tried the “boltbrowser” found it really very nice, it’s quite fast compared to operamini.