Thread: Unable to install operating system on new hard drive in Aspire 5100

Unable to install operating system on new hard drive in Aspire 5100

I am suing this laptop from last 3 years and it have served me a lot. Now the thing here is that when i am trying to start the same then it is taking some time to get started or boot I must say. The other thing here is that I receive many chkdisk errors so I decided to change the hard disk itself and now after changing the hard drive I am getting an unusual problem which is nothing but I am not able to install the operating system on the newly purchased hard drive. So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue here and how I can get rid of the problem that I am facing.

Re: Unable to install operating system on new hard drive in Aspire 5100

Well the first thing here that I want you to do here is that first see whether the hard drive which you have purchased for the laptop is proper fitted or not and also see whether the same is in the appropriate condition or not. Because if the hard drive is not compatible or have so other issues then you will get problem regarding the same. So it is better to check first and then apply. I hope that you are getting my point and also will be able to solve the issue as soon as possible.

I think that the Operating system that you are trying to install is not in the bet condition I mean if the source of the same is not proper then you will surely face some issues regarding the process and will not able to install the bootable disk. So here I want you to just see whether you are getting the original and authenticated setup file and if yes then I want you to install the same on your system. I hope that this will help you to get rid of the problem that you are getting and I am sure you will be able solve the same.

Actually here you need to check whether there is any bad sector on the hard disk which you have installed on recent basis and if yes then I want you to just contact the dealer from whom you purchased the hard drive and then place a complaint regarding the hard drive and it them know about the bad sector. I hope that they will understand your problem and will allow you to resolve the issue.

First of all I want you to install the troubleshooting disk on your system and then run it that disk you must have got when you purchased the laptop. Now the disk will itself search if there is any hardware problem on the system if yes then it will notify you on the same and if everything is file then it will show you nothing. And if there are results in display then I want you to take the laptop in the service center and tell them to repair the same this will definitely help your cause.