Thread: How to control Alienware M17 fan speed

How to control Alienware M17 fan speed

I have a Alienware M17 laptop with a Celeron M 1.4 GHz CPU and the problem is that the fan in the notebook keeps going on and off, first there will be quiet and then a buzzing in silence for a few seconds while the fan is activated and then back to silence and repeat this I surprised if there was anyway to control the fan to run in a quiet area (near silent fan speed) all the time, instead of turning it off, then start again with the CPU overheat.

re: How to control Alienware M17 fan speed

There must be something wrong here. I have an early March M17 and mine is as quiet as a mouse. You can not even hear the fan at all. And as cool as approx. 35 degrees C. I can be alive you need to make visits. If the fan has started I can not tell by listening. So you should check the fan of your laptop after sometime. If your laptop is over heating then I am sure your M17’s fan is off due to dust or some technical issue. If you know to repair then you can other wise you can take the help with hardware engineer.

Yes, the fan will pass only when the temperature will below 45C. From my experience, not recommended by the vent should the fan completely. If you have start at, say 70 ° C, the CPU heats up over time and the fans will start very quickly anyway. A decent solution is to simply "kill" the fan: stop a fan speed for the fan speed change only at the point next trip. When the temperature drops and the fan stops (high speed), the trigger point shot is reactivated. At least that's what I observed. What I did was create a script that (in my case) the fan stops third (third speed), starting at 62C and started the first. If the CPU gets hot, the fan beside starts at 72, so I'm safe anyway. I attached the script (added a txt extension.), Just put in / usr / local / bin. It sa fast and guaranteed to work the solution (I think this model of HP is not entirely supported by energy saving, even tried the last git version

Odalis Abenaki Algonkin Guest

Well, now we can confirm the new HW building works with the M17, the only fault I found was that the sensors do not read the correct fan speed after a decline in car. The problem I ran last time and this time also had something to do with the previous version of HW is still installed, I had to uninstall the old version, install the driver for the new version, then install the new software version to work properly. If you want to know about the more speed for the fan of your M17 then I am suggest to you can search on the Google.

I would like to tell you that not only the GPU fan was going to change the CPU fan stays on auto, no matter what you do. The fan goes back on auto, but said it was turning back once 3800rpm drive though the fan was not working, the actual fan function works well and I have tried all speeds from 900 to 3900 and everything seemed work fine now. But according to my suggestion you can control the fan speed by fallow the some rules and regulation always use in cool place. And check every time your laptop fan, is it working or stopped?