Thread: Virtual Machine on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909

Virtual Machine on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909

Hey guys, I am having Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909 laptop and the model no is PSAG8U-05G02C. Windows Vista Home Premium Operating System is installed in my system. I was looking for some Virtual Machine so that I could even install Windows XP Media 5 system in my laptop. Does anyone have any information regarding this matter? Feel free to share your suggestions. Please help me and give me some solutions. Your suggestions will always be appreciated.

Re: Virtual Machine on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909

Virtual machines are softwares which allow us to run one OS within another OS. I have known that VirtualBox is a very good virtual machine. VirtualBox is absolutely free and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux Operating System. It supports cross-platform along with a large number of features which makes it very easy to run and maintain the virtual machine. All the descriptions and parameters of the virtual machine and saved in plain-XML files which make it possible to share folders easily and thus giving easy portability. It also allows the user to install different application software on the virtual machine, thus giving some more privileges to the user of the Host Machine. It also has “Guest Additions” features that are available for Windows, Linux and Solaris virtual machine. These entire features just make it more users friendly.

You can also try Parallels virtual machine. Though it is not free like other virtual machines, but according to me it is worth buying. It will cost you around $79.99 for purchase Parallels virtual machine software. It is best known for its Mac version of virtual machine software. It is also available for the Windows and Linux users. The Parallels software also provides the user to share clipboard and synchronize them. You can also share folders, printers and other peripheral devices. And with Intel and AMD optimizing their chips, the Parallels virtual machine software performs much better.

VMware is one of the best virtual machine available to run one operating system into another operating system. VMware virtual machine is available for free and the Premium software is available for $189.VMware provides the desktop users with two basic software: VMware Player and VMware Workstation. The VMware Player is free and it is mainly for the casual users who wish to create and run virtual machines but who do not wish to have any advanced features whereas, the VMware Workstation is integrated with all the features of VMware Player. In addition to the features of VMware Player, many more features are included in VMware Workstation like Virtual machine can be created, optimization of hardware, machine can be cloned, printing is made possible from the guest OS which is missing the drivers for the printers.

• QEMU is only available for the Linux Operating System. It is absolutely free. The QEMU is the only emulator which does not require any administrator access to run.
    • Windows Virtual PC is available for Windows Operating System users and it is also a Free software. It is usually used to emulate the earlier version of Windows. So this is a perfect answer as you wanted to install Windows XP Media 5 system in your laptop

That was so awesome!!! I din expected you guys to reply to post so quickly. Thank you a lot people. It was very grateful and very kind of everyone of you to hold on for a minute by my post and make an effort to help me get my query solved. Now as you have given me so many choices, I am more confused which one to try. I will try everyone of them one by one and then check out which one will perfectly suitable for me. Anyways, one more time thank you a lot for your effort and time.